Silver - Posts: 642
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2004 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  
that's why we have jobs.     What a dingbat
speedwayaudio1 
Silver - Posts: 879
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2004 at 1:17 AM / IP Logged  
I didn't get any photos, he was pissed cause I would not cover the amp. so he took off. I told him I'd sell him a new one, but I guess he didn't like the way I called him a dumb a$$. I don't talk to my customers that way, but I call em like i see um.
Big Dave
maglin 
Copper - Posts: 206
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2004 at 9:04 AM / IP Logged  

as for giving the guy a break i'm not sure that thats possible.  A fool would know that an amp, probably costing in access of a hundred bucks would be delicate in its electronics... if i spent 100+ on anything, i'd research first, and i can honestly call myself a newbie.  My father, who's an electronics engineer for GM is just about coming unglued at me for using inline fuses *finds himself fabricating a hidden fusebox and relay area behind the panel in the driver side of his opel*...  He's got a point.. you add enough crap and wham... you'll never know what fuse does what... definately if it all gets stashed behind a dashboard in a car where you have to remove the steering column to clear the dash plate... hehe.

I would like to think he wouldn't use his personal computer in the front yard, and run it during a rainstorm... coating it with grease and mud just too rediculous to even envision... but thats essentially what he did here...  I suppose he spent so much on the amp, he didn't have the cash left over to buy the 20 or so odd feet of wire to install the thing properly... or perhaps he had an ego... the bottom line?

Its Darwin at his Best.

*chuckles*

~~Maglin

forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2004 at 6:38 PM / IP Logged  
Bwhahaha, good times can be had in this industry. Reminds me of a old old old 55 Chev we were working on, the cars with the huge front quarter panels. So here the installer is putting in an Alpine 8030b car alarm. He hears this chirp chirp sound and thinks that it was someone outside, he continues on. Then he hears it again and looks to see if hooked up the siren yet, nope, not done. WTF? Back to work, chirp chirp, he comes flying out onto the salesfloor spitting fire yelling at moi (wonder why  -my BS in BS I guess) and accuses me of hiding around the corner with a battery and a siren. Nope no chance dude, I was selling a cell phone see. Apology accepted, back to work. Chirp chirp. OK WTF is going on , he comes and gets me and I hear the same chirp chirp sound. Well, I'll just have to see what is going on so I decide to help him with the alarm. So here we are working in this huge engine bay putting in the siren and chirp chirp - WTF is going on here. Back to work again and he's running the wires for the hoodpin in the side quarter panel and all of a sudden he rips his arm out of this cavern, jumps back about 4 feet and screams like a little girl. FRO there is something in there - gets the lights, duct tapes it to the broom and shoves it into the hole. Here we find Mr. Hairy Marmot with some huge big teeth - Chirp Chirp.Take car outside, blast with water hose, there goes Mr. Soggy Hairy Marmot. Funniest thing I have seen in years, took 5 years off of the installers age. Nice alarm system, comes pre-installed.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
beyma guy 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2004 at 9:23 PM / IP Logged  
that is some funny sh*t i sold a guy a amp and a big one at that it was a us 2000 made by us amps i also sold him some subs and he came back mad as hell because it wouldnt hit i said well lets take a look i poped the hood and there it was 22 guage speaker wire used for power wire he was mad at me wtf some people should just pay us installers to do the job right and not to do it them selfs just my 2 cents
my system
4 beyma ast05 tweeters
4 beyma w6 mid drivers
2 beyma nd 105 mid drivers
2 clif design competion 12subs
2 cd1.1lx amps
2 cd4.4lx amps
1 cd5.2lx amp
hu is a pioneer dehp8500 mp
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.