the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

what are some of the better subs for SQ?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dpaton 
Copper - Posts: 141
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2004 at 6:08 PM / IP Logged  
fugit wrote:
So a decent driver in a "good box" should be enough.  If a sealed box is recommended, what would make a good sealed box for SQ?  I don't know alot, but if you make the box the volume recommended and use the correct amount of polyfil, seal it nice and tight how can you screw that up?  I'm still new to this, so if I sound dumb it's because I am in this area.
Yup. Like Steve said, 80% is 100% to most folks. I'm a little nuts about low end (my home stereo has an F3 of 8Hz in-room) so my perspective, like his, is a little skewed by the toys we get play with.
As far as making the box, what you mentioned will get you to the same 80% I just mentioned. The box is a little easier to get close to 100% because the cost threshold is low. Brace the living $^#& out of it. However much you think you need, add more. Bolt it down to something in the car. If the box is moving, that's energy that isn't coming out of the driver. Seal it up good. Glue is fine, but go over every joint with some silicone inside the box, and let it cure before installing your driver. Use non-parallel walls if you can. One angle is good, 2 are better. It makes construction harder, but the box will steal less sound from the driver.
There are no dumb questions. what are some of the better subs for SQ? - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.
Steve: PM coming at ya.
-dave
This is not a sig. This is a duck. Quack.
fugit 
Copper - Posts: 169
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2004 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged  
I had actually read the first two articles, and now the other two.  I read the first site, and did all the calculations for a sealed box when I made mine before reading that you should use the recommended box size from the manufacturer.  I did a search too, I know how everyone screams at the newbs to search before they ask.  I just like to understand what I'm doing not just because someone says so.  Some of it is a little over my head but I can teach myself if I have to.  Of course after reading these, and a few others, I have more questions lol. Thanks for the links.
"I'm Rick James bi***, enjoy yo' self Ah Ah Ah"
Dave Chappelle as Rick James
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic