icon

2005 Chrysler 300, remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Big Dog 
Gold - Posts: 1,265
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 27, 2004 at 9:08 AM / IP Logged  
What values are you guys using for the second start resistance and how are you integrating this with the ignition circuit?
Normally it would require 180 ohms for crank and 680 ohms for ignition. Do you bother to build a two relay circuit or do you just introduce 180 ohms during crank and doing it 5-wire style so there is no return to the ignition barrel?
Prepare your future. It wasn't the lack of stones that killed the stone age.
meh66 
Copper - Posts: 266
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2004 at 10:16 AM / IP Logged  

Big Dog,

I had the same post but for an 02 Chysler Voayager. I can better tell you after tonight if it works. I have read that during crank, the second starter wire needs to see ground thru an 180 ohm resistor. The polarity needs to be (-). I am going to ground pins 30 and 86, connect the starter side of the kill relay wire to pin 85 and then connect pin 87 with an 180 ohm resistor to the second starter wire. If you know of a better way, please let me know. I started the alarm but could not finish because at that time I was not aware of the 180 ohm resistor and my friend is know complaining that her wipers along with the water spray come on when she initially start the vehicle. I hope what I had said helps.

MEH66
"Car Performance and Mobile Electronic Enthusiats"
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2004 at 9:32 PM / IP Logged  
The new 300C and Dodge Magnum are alike. This is info I have that someone posted on DEI's website. Meh66, good try....but the brand new cars are even trickier than the 01-04 Chrysler vans.
Not me here....
I did one yesterday holy headache batman. You can reset the check eng light in like 2.2seconds by unhookin the negative battery terminal for 30 seconds or less. Now how I fixed the problem was this, i wired 2 relays one wired as a starter with a 140ohm resistor to ground to the PURPLE / brown wire, now another relay wires as a negative accesory 520ohm, also to the purple brown wire, this got rid of all my CEL and BAS system indicators as well as powered up my heater controls and everything.
Me again....
Notice how the 520ohm was wired as an ACCESSORY. Also, some have said 180 works for the starter, while some have said you need to use 140 or else you get a brake assist sytem indicator light to turn on in the cluster
defective 
Silver - Posts: 642
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2004 at 11:35 PM / IP Logged  
i love new multiplex systems.... some old timers are quitting becasue of this stuff..... personally i love this sh*t, makes it more competitive. As much as i hate problems when a customer is waiting, i love to tinker and do things everybody says is impossible...   even so i'm not looking forward to my first 300.... scary sh*t
meh66 
Copper - Posts: 266
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2004 at 6:23 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks Jworm,

I will keep that info in my back pocket. However I did wire the 02 Voyager as I had mention above and it is working like a champ.

MEH66
"Car Performance and Mobile Electronic Enthusiats"
Big Dog 
Gold - Posts: 1,265
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 28, 2004 at 9:07 AM / IP Logged  
OK....
So it seemed like a simple question at first but I see otherwise now!
I cut the PURPLE / brown and read the r-values at crank and ignition. It would require 180 ohms for crank, 680 ohms for ignition, 610 for accessory.
WireMagic recommends a different approach:
Don't cut the PURPLE / brown.
Two 500 ohm resistors fed by two relays, one activated using the r-start ignition, the other using crank.
This would parallel the two resistors during crank resulting in 500 ohm ign and 250 ohm crank.
Does it work? Who knows! I can't try it, I don't have the car. But these values don't even come close to what's required!!
Prepare your future. It wasn't the lack of stones that killed the stone age.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic