icon

which amp for 4 audiobahn alum 10Q's?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
shott8283 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2004 at 10:58 AM / IP Logged  
im thinking about running 4 audiobahn alum 10Q's ,, each is rated at 800RMS,, what kind of amp should i run for them...preferably an audiobahn amp...but atleast how big....do i really need at least 800RMS per speaker?  i was always tought that its not good to underpower a sub ,, try to meat ot beat the RMS spec on the sub...  but i see other dudes underpowering subs all the time and their stuff sounds great....
xtreamcc 
Silver - Posts: 467
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2004 at 2:52 PM / IP Logged  
RMS is just a figure. U could run a speaker of 1 watt with absolutely no bad effects. If your running something that's 4x800RMS, which is 3200 watts you'd probably want to try to hit around 2000 watts since 3200 is an absurd amount of power. The next thing to take into account is ur dealing with Audiobahn, Audiobahn puts out pretty much inaccurate ratings for their subs, I should know, I've blown at least 5 different kinds with less than RMS ratings going to them.
My honest opinion. Dont get the alum's. Assuming ur getting them retail ($250+) u can get alot better sub for that price. If ur going online they usually run around $130-150, u can still do alot better. But if u already have them and dont want to return them and are insistant on an audiobahn amp that can power them, check out the A1500HCT, its the only audiobahn amp that would be able to push enough power to at least make them bump. Unfortunately this amp retails for around $1000, and is online for like $500+ so I still say dont go with audiobahn but its ur choice. Best of luck.
"Shiny chrome when used in conjunction with bikini models is particularly effective in inducing brain deficit disorder"
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Monster System on its way.
shott8283 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2004 at 4:31 PM / IP Logged  
thanks dude,  id prolly run 2 smaller amps on 2 subs a peice... and i get them for dealer cost...no retail...and ive always liked audio bahn...im not deffenate yet but just looking...i really like the Visonik 10's  but the red theme doesnt go ewll with my blue truck,,,,i know ... sounds gay but its for a display really for my audio store so its also gotta look really good and pretty much has to be goods that we carry at the store....im working with very little le-way....and i get a really awesome discount off of the dealer cost b/c its "for" the stero shop
xtreamcc 
Silver - Posts: 467
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2004 at 5:32 PM / IP Logged  
if ur lookin for some blue equipment that ties in really well and plays well too check out the newer Power Acoustik stuff (not that old crap of their's). Their SPL2 series amps are good and their FUBR and MOFO subs are excellent as well. My alternate system to my rockfords is going to be 4 10" Fubr's run off 2 SPL2 1600 Watt amps, I have 2 10's and one of the amps and their's almost as loud as my RFR3110's runnin off a HiFonics B1500D anyway, keep ur eye out, as I know u can find better than Audiobahn for less.
"Shiny chrome when used in conjunction with bikini models is particularly effective in inducing brain deficit disorder"
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Monster System on its way.
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2004 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged  

shott8283 wrote:
thanks dude,  id prolly run 2 smaller amps on 2 subs a peice... and i get them for dealer cost...no retail...and ive always liked audio bahn...im not deffenate yet but just looking...i really like the Visonik 10's  but the red theme doesnt go ewll with my blue truck,,,,i know ... sounds gay but its for a display really for my audio store so its also gotta look really good and pretty much has to be goods that we carry at the store....im working with very little le-way....and i get a really awesome discount off of the dealer cost b/c its "for" the stero shop

You might try some Kicker L7s. With a quick search I found these: http://www.allcarstereo.com/product.php?id_product=275&num=160  They would go with your interior...I think, and they are hella loud.

shott8283 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2004 at 6:08 PM / IP Logged  

thanks guys,,,, awesome advice.....i really like kicker soloberics ... but my store deals with stuff like MTX Clarion , SPL,  Visonik , Audiobahn,

but i may piss the boss off and go head with what i want..but then i gotta pay retail.....i guess i just gotta find a happy medium

customsuburb 
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2004 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged  
shott8283 wrote:

thanks guys,,,, awesome advice.....i really like kicker soloberics ... but my store deals with stuff like MTX....

http://www.cardomain.com/item/MTXT851044

pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2004 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  
A MTX system would sound and look good, especially if u get the new thunder 9500s. As far as audiobahn and SPL...I would stay away from those brands if at all possible. Also I think that the older power acoustik stuff is actually better then the new stuff, the amps anyways.
shott8283 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2004 at 8:25 PM / IP Logged  
dont get me wrong...the MTX super woofer series are nasty...but with a mouning depth of over 7" i aint got the room to play and make it nice looking....i could put prolly one in but its not what im looking for....christ i wish i wasnt so friggen picky!
customsuburb 
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2004 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  

I'd get the Kicker Solobarics, but if you can't then go with the Audiobahn crap and call it a day. Here are some rough suggestions.

http://www.cardomain.com/item/ROCT110D4

http://www.cardomain.com/item/INFPERFECT101D

http://www.cardomain.com/item/XTAX1044

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic