icon

Panasonic 9800

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
shott8283 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2004 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  

well, just got rid of my JVC KD LH300 and got me a new Panasonic 9800.   and i must say...i am thoroughly impressed..... the SQ alone is a 10,000% improvment....im utterly shocked in the difference...very very impressed....great buy and i suggest to anyone.....the options on this deck are amazing....its like a laptop in your dash...extremely impresssed.....the 70 wats by 4 is a crisp clean sound even with the stock speakers in my Dodge Ram.....and the sub control is very very extensive along with the built in HPF and LPF... and also has an option to use the rear speakers as sub signals incase your using a line converter.... although defeats the purpose of having the unit...but .... its pretty much sums it up in one word.... WOW!!!!

on another note....has anyone have experience with this unit?  if so is it normal to smell a "electronic" smell when you open the face to insert a CD?   not so much a burning smell but a strong smell of ceramic components that are inside on the boards....cant really explain it well but im pretty sure its not a burning smell...

nitto7 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2004 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged  
Well I havent had any experience with this unit but since its one of the models that puts out a higher wattage than most they will get alot hotter than regular ones.  Theres only so much room in a din size unit to disipate the heat.  Maybe you could try getting a small 12v fan to cool it down.  just an idea
Restored '79 Firebird
shott8283 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2004 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  
thats what i was thinking but the heat sink surprisingly doesnt get that hot....seeing its more a digital amp than a mechanical pre amp....i was also thinking scince is so new and it does get warm that the coating on some of the components and the protective coatings on the circuit boards are burnin off....prolly normal...any more advice?  please tell before i burn up my 500$ unit

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic