icon

2001 Chevy Silverado Security

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Lid109 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2004 at 12:49 AM / IP Logged  

I am haveing the following two problems on a recnt install. Factory alarm actives when I unlock  the doors ONLY after a long periodof time (overnight)  Ok i know I need to hook up the factory alarm disable wire.  In the driver's kick panel, there is a white, flat harness with two sets of green wires.  One  shows ground all the time, the other shows nothing.  What green wire to I connect to?

Secondly. I am using a generic passlock II bypass  modual (the one with dipswitches) and after  I remote start, insert key in ignition, step on brake, disable  starter....the security light activates on the dash and stays illuminated until I shut down and restart with the standard key.  This occurs 4 out of 5 times.  The 5 time,  the vehicle remote starts fine. To top this off, I can disable my passlock bypass by pulling the whole wireing harness out of it and the truck remote starts.......somtimes.  Other times,  it kills as it should.  What the heck?  The manual says "a contantly illuminated "security" light signafies somthing is wrong with your passlock imobilizer and you vehicle should be serviced.  Can anyone help?

-Lid109

tblanning 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2004 at 4:04 PM / IP Logged  

One  shows ground all the time, the other shows nothing.  What green wire to I connect to?

if you need to supply ground to disarm then if wire already has ground to it giving it another ground is not going to accomplish nothing use the other

To top this off, I can disable my passlock bypass by pulling the whole wireing harness out of it and the truck remote starts.......somtimes.  Other times,  it kills as it should.  What the heck?

sometimes the computer can hold the code so it is possible to do this

Secondly. I am using a generic passlock II bypass  modual (the one with dipswitches) and after  I remote start, insert key in ignition, step on brake, disable  starter....the security light activates on the dash and stays illuminated until I shut down and restart with the standard key.  This occurs 4 out of 5 times.  The 5 time,  the vehicle remote starts fine.

that is one of the problems with that unit you need to set it up to shut down sooner it is staying on to long after you put key in the best fix is to get a databus unit also check and make sure your resistance is set as close as possible the best way to do is set emergency brake put truck in D or R and turn key to start position and hold and check your resistance

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic