icon

Roofing material, Sound Dampening?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
vdubmk4 
Copper - Posts: 175
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2004 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged  
I saw in a post where it was said that peel-and-stick roofing material was used like dynamat and the such. Does that actually work ?? I thought that this topic deserves a straight post.
Fortune: You will continue to take chances, and be glad you did.
lilboi 
Copper - Posts: 126
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2004 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  
i couldn't find this stuff anywhere.
vdubmk4 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2004 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  
I found the stuff online by searching, peel and stick roofing, in google but im not sure where you can buy it. I know Lowes and Home depot have some stuff called reflexic or sometin sometin and some other stuff that kinda fits the description but not really. I would just stick with a brand like dynamat or fatmat.
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2004 at 10:35 PM / IP Logged  
grace ice shield , its a tar like stuff, with 1 side sticky, and the other size not sticky and water proof.  Works great, , thats what i use at work.  Its 3 feet wide, , and you can get it in 150ft roles for like $120  Thats like $2000 worth of dynamat
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
vdubmk4 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2004 at 10:40 PM / IP Logged  
Diznang, thats insane. And you say it works great ? Would you recommend it along the same line as like fatmat, cause i have some spots that i dint get to with it cause i ran out. Does the material come in smaller roles as well ? cause that would like cover my car ten fold.
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2004 at 8:38 AM / IP Logged  
i don't think you can buy it in smaller roles, , but you never know, it will do a good job, , i did my old truck in it, works excellent.  Check out hardware stores, ,see what they have for roofing sealers and such.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic