the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

door panels?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dangerranger96 
Copper - Posts: 163
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2004 at 2:48 PM / IP Logged  
fiberglass resin will not stick to plastic, that is why i have been able to reuse the plastic cups that use to mix up my resin in, once it sets up, that stuff will come right off the plastic
phatx96xaccord 
Copper - Posts: 118
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2004 at 10:21 PM / IP Logged  

So far this fiberglass is sticking to the plastic door panels. as far as i know its plastic.  i got pretty rought with the fiberglass to see how well its on there.  its not budging,  imm gonna go on ahead and mount the speaker rings and glass more of the door and see how it looks.  currently on my rear deck, i did tons of sanding.  still got more to do.  there are several spots where i guess u would call it "pits". those things are driving me crazy.  i was wandering if the high build primer will fill it in any.  and also i was curious to know any places online to buy the high build primer, and also if u can get it in a spray can.  i dont have a air compressor so that doesnt help.  

Mart. try to sand the plastic , maybe spray some primer on it and see how it holds.

would u like your chicken original or extra crispy?
nuentoter 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2004 at 9:59 AM / IP Logged  
I don't know if you're done this project or not. but the pic you have of just your support pieces looks pretty cool. now for originality put a sheet of plexi glass on your door instead of flat and drop a neon light bar inside. Yes i am a computer case modder. but I think the idea would be great.
jmartinez 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2004 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged  

Hey folks i promise i didnt give up on the project... ive just been to busy to go and buy a PSU for my machine at home... back to college and all.... so yes i do have pics here they are... curves are suttle, but they are there.. really kinda what i was goin for seeing as i want the truck to look completely smooth on the inside. 

I also started my headliner this past weekend.  i took a break from workin on friday though.. i wish i hadnt.. otherwise id be putting paint on it allready.  but here are the pics of that so far.

oh hey nuenoter.. i had kinda thought of put some neons in it somehow... but really didnt know how i wanted to incorporate them.. now afterwards thinkin about i realize what i should have done... too lat though.. DANG!.

well anyways here are the pics.. ill try and get the finished headliner up as soon as it is ready...

-J

door panels? - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.  door panels? - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.

door panels? - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.

Fiberglass Resin

Body Filler

Bondo Sanded Down then Oval screwed down and edges bondo'd over.

thats it.

jmartinez 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2004 at 4:32 PM / IP Logged  
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2004 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged  
your intense man!  Without people like you we wouldn't have any cool stuff!
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic