icon

Linear Actuators

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Hellion 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2004 at 2:38 AM / IP Logged  
 Could some one give me a diagram on how to make linear actuators work by remote ? I put them on the hood and the trunk of a 40 Merc and also I would feel better if I added a solenoid and latch to the hood ? Is it possable to hook them both up to where the sol. pops the latch then the actuator takes over lifting the hood and one last thing . How to disable the hood and trunk while driving ? As of now I have built everything and the actuators are controlled by a dpdt switches. Thanks for any help
Hellion 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2004 at 5:22 AM / IP Logged  
 No one can help me on this???????????????
tbirdman74 
Copper - Posts: 164
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2004 at 6:52 AM / IP Logged  
Fill me in on what type of remote you want to use(Keyless entry, car alarm, etc.), and I will do what I can to help you out.  There are a few modules on the market that will do most of what you want as far as raise, stop, lower, stop cycles for the actuators.  Or go the hard way with latching relays where holding the remote button(s) will raise, then the next time you activate the button(s) it would lower.  I have done a few bed covers this way.  Its kind of nice if you only need to open a little bit.  As for the latch, a plain ole hood latch, with a trunk pop selonoid hooked to the release action would work, but I have to think about the part of it working on same circuit as the actuators.  Could happen, but would be easier to use seperate channel to pop latch, then raise lids.  By the way, would love to see pics of the Merc.  One of my all time favorite rods is a '40.  Back when cars were cars and everyone else was nervous!  Hope this helps and let me know about the rest and I will try to draw up some wiring diagrams for you.
If it don't fit, Force it.
If it breaks, You needed a new one anyway!
tbirdman74 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2004 at 6:54 AM / IP Logged  
Oh yeah.  As for disabling while ignition is on is no problem either, Just put a relay in the power wires going to the rest of the setup so that when key is on, relay cuts the power to it.
Hellion 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2004 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  
Well I got it all hooked up . Man what a pain but it was worth it .but I still would feel better if I put some kind of latch on it. Tbird did you get my e mail I sent you? I have a lot of pictures and even a short movie of how the hood works if you are still intrested.
tbirdman74 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2004 at 2:15 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry Hellion, My DSL line went down with the rains we have been having, and just got it back up again. Email address is tbirdman74@aol.com, feel free to send the pictures and movie, I'd love to see it.  Explain your concern with the latch, are you worried it will fly open going down the road?  Or are you worried that it could be forced open by someone?  Still trying to come up with a feasible latch mechinism, but brain is working a little slow lately.  Must be the weather...

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic