ALPINE SWX-1242D TYPE X 12
JL w6's
JL W7's
Thanks,
heavilymedicate 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2004 at 12:42 AM / IP Logged  
What your asking for is very subjective (isnt everything?).  Here is a page with a bunch of reviews from a credible source, the pioneer is half way down, but there are several reviews that will interest you on this site.  If you feel unsure about what one you want, just buy the ones your most seriously looking at and send them to:  box 5369-A Wasilla Alaska 99654.  I will evaluate them and send you back the one I think sounds the best.  Sorry but the others are mine to keep.  Link:  http://www.caraudiomag.com/testreports/
xtreamcc 
Silver - Posts: 467
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2004 at 12:44 AM / IP Logged  
I'd take any of the above mentioned subs over a pioneer SPL sub. Sure they hold the world record (unless it's since been broken) but it took 12 of them to do it.
I'd recomend the JL w6 or 7 or the GTI if ur looking for more SQ or the 9500, H2, or Type X if ur lookin for SPL. If you want the best of both worlds I'd got for the w6 or 7, both excellent sounded and very loud.
"Shiny chrome when used in conjunction with bikini models is particularly effective in inducing brain deficit disorder"
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Monster System on its way.
evnldr 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2004 at 12:47 AM / IP Logged  
I can get the pioneer's for 150 each or so.. i want to know if they are worth it.. Spl and good sound
$uperflame$ 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2004 at 12:30 AM / IP Logged  
ther only a good sub if you can put the power to then the guy with the world record, with 9SUBs ,not 12 ,runs the rms  over the max rms of the subs do to a very nice sealed encloser and 4 rockford fosgate amps per sub. ive seen this truck and the backs are part of the encloser , he can open them and get in side the encloser in a min,
$uperflame$ 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2004 at 12:32 AM / IP Logged  
ment to say the back doors are part of the encloser and he can open them to get  behind the subs easy
Sebastian018 
Silver - Posts: 364
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2004 at 3:40 PM / IP Logged  
are you looking at Sound Quality (SQ) or sound pressure Level (SPL)???
xtreamcc 
Silver - Posts: 467
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2004 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  
oops, good catch $uper, got ahead of myself with 12 pioneer premier 12 ts-w2000spl - Last Post -- posted image. anyway, its still an abserd number of subs needed to break an SPL record. I wanna know what the SPL record for 2 subs is lol.
Anyway, I'd still take anything on that list over pioneers SPL crap.
"Shiny chrome when used in conjunction with bikini models is particularly effective in inducing brain deficit disorder"
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Monster System on its way.
Audiobahn1500 
Copper - Posts: 91
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2004 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged  

I'd say go with the 9500 if you want some nice SPL I have one for the 9500 12's in my car right now with 1000 watts on it and it thumps hard.  To put it in perspective its hitting up there where both of my 12" L7's hit and i hit 150 with that so this one is gotta be about 145 give ore take a little as far as SQ goes i'd say go with the W7 i dont like JL that much besides there amps but this is a nice sub well thats my two cents later yall

Chad

Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2004 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged  

9 subs to hit a spl record is no where near obscene. If you saw alma gates Bronco that thing had either 44 or 48 special series 10 inch L7s with a zr1000 to each driver. Problem with these "World Records" is that everyone and there dog seems to be able to claim them. I see at least once every 2 weeks that someone broke a world record but its not ever consistant. I dont think anyone actually goverens this except that IASCA probally has their own set and UASCA probally has their own and so on. So ignore that record BS and just go for whatever fits your situation. If it matters to you I know of a civic that broke 170 with a DD 15 and 2 cars here in Canada that run MTX RFL's one car has one and the other car has 2 and they both Break into the 170's as well.

double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic