icon

BravoX

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
LeanNCut 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2004 at 4:09 AM / IP Logged  

Is anyone really familiar with BravoX or Bravox?  I was about to purchase MTX across the board (I'm slightly brand oriented LOL so if I purchase MTX I would do MTX box, subs, and amps) when this guy told me MTX is junk and suggested Bravox.  It seems that wherever you go they always tell you that whatever they carry is best and the rest is junk.

Anyhow, the local owner said Brazillian company Bravox manufactures products (even though not widely publicized) for many brands (listed too many that I can't remember) including my speakers MB Quart.  Is this true or was he just trying to push his inventory?  I thought MB Quart was made in Germany.

Please let me know before I spend roughly $400 for 2 10s and $600 for on a 3rd high end sub.

Thanks in advance.

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2004 at 8:30 AM / IP Logged  

Bravox is an old, respected manufacturer who (like Scan Speak and Onkyo and lots of others) make loudspeakers for many different companies.  Bravox is good quality in general.  If you like their sound, go for it.

Whenever some sales person says "what you want is crap, here buy what I sell" ignore them, or ask them to prove it.  The best way to prove it is with a side-by-side listening test.  If they will set up the system they want to sell you alongside the system you at first wanted and allow you to compare, then they are a great shop and you might want to give them your business and buy whichever sounds best to you.  If not they are just typical clueless salespeople blowing smoke from their orifices and trying to ram their highest commission products down your throat.

Support the12volt.com
LeanNCut 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2004 at 11:09 PM / IP Logged  

Is Bravox really a Brazillian company who manufacture their products in Brazil?  I went out to my truck today and took out the MB Quart speakers, it clearly says on the back "Manufactured in Germany".

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2004 at 1:30 PM / IP Logged  
Bravox is a Brazilian company and they make very high quality speakers.  I do not think they supply any drivers for MB Quart, but I could be wrong, especially since MBQ is now owned by Rockford.  Just because something is stamped "Manufactured in XXX" does not mean every component was also made there.  Many "Made in the USA" products for example use parts from Japan, China, Korea, Taiwan, Singapore, and yes even Canada....
Support the12volt.com
dudek38 
Copper - Posts: 250
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2004 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged  
companies trying to sell their product by claiming german engineering is getting old. i'm getting sick of seeing the ads. i just saw one that said," NITRO only from the mind of a german". cmon, give it a rest.
owner of
Motion Marine & Car Audio
the florida keys
audiokid1 
Copper - Posts: 141
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2004 at 2:33 AM / IP Logged  
Commenting on the whole MB Quart question.  The subs are now manufactured in the U.S., the Discus series is made over seas (China, Korea ......one of those). Premium, QSD's, and Reference components are still manufactured in Germany.
ice4life8269 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2004 at 10:40 AM / IP Logged  

DYohn wrote:
Bravox is a Brazilian company and they make very high quality speakers.  I do not think they supply any drivers for MB Quart, but I could be wrong, especially since MBQ is now owned by Rockford.  Just because something is stamped "Manufactured in XXX" does not mean every component was also made there.  Many "Made in the USA" products for example use parts from Japan, China, Korea, Taiwan, Singapore, and yes even Canada....

OH man. not canada!!!!! i hate canada!

JK!!!!BravoX - Last Post -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic