icon

GM alarm system accessory kit

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bprestin 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2004 at 3:30 PM / IP Logged  
GM alarm system accessory kit - Last Post -- posted image. GM accessory alarm system installation

I recently purchased a GM accessory vehicle security system from for my 2003 chevrolet Express van. (VSC 3100 pt# 12495644) It is supposed to add remote door lock "clickers" as well as being an alarm system. I began installation last week and have all the components mounted. as well as some of the wiring done. The alarm system is listed for installation in both the 2003 Express and S10 vehicles. what is confusing is that the installation guide that came with the manual is completely generic, it does not tell specifically how to install it in my van, or even a GM vehicle? It appears to be a system that can be installed in any year or make of vehicle. For an example, it shows 5 seperate wire diagrams for different types of door lock systems.
I called the technical service phone number listed in the manual for advice and they said they can't help me, and that I must call the dealer who sold it to me. I called Auburn Pontiac here in Michigan where I purchased the kit and they say they don't have anyone who can help with alarm systems, as they don't install them.
How can I get specific advice as to how to install the security system in my van? such as "Cut the blue wire in X wire harness and connect the #6 alarm wire".
Someone must know this stuff? Someone had to decide if the system was compatible If the accessory kit is listed for the 2003 Express van. There has to be some info for each unique vehicle.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Bill Prestin
bprestin@direcway.com
work Ph. 810-639-7889

P.S. anyone have a wiring diagram of the 2003 Express van?
Bill
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 11, 2004 at 4:02 PM / IP Logged  

I put in Ford & GM Alarms for dealers & unless U R used to their manuals or have done a few of these, U would be better off with either finding someone locally that has done GM Installs or see if the Dealer will take it back, even if there is a Restock fee, and purchase a BETTER Aftermarket Alarm

Constant 12 voltsRED / BLACKIGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Ignition 12 voltsPINKIGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
StarterYELLOWIGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Dome LightTAN DR. L GREEN PASS.YEL/B SLIDER AT BCM BLUE CONN.*
Trunk Pin Switch
Parking LampWHITE (-)AT HEADLAMP SWITCH
Power LockWHITEAT BCM (BASE MODEL)
Power UnlockBLUEAT BCM
* BCM Located Under Passengers Side Under Dash Toe Panel.

Accessories
Window Up
Window Down
Ign Key Warn
Trunk Release
OEM Horn
HeadlightsWHITE (-)AT LIGHT SWITCH
OEM Alarm Arm
OEM Alarm Disarm

Remote Start
Tach Signal
Ignition #2ORANGEIGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Ignition #3WHITEIGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
AccessoryBROWNIGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Neutral Safety
Brake LightWHITEAT SWITCH ABOVE BRAKE PEDAL
Reverse Light
Rear Window Defrost

G.M. Passlock II ( The Common Wire Is Tan. This Data Buss Module Will save you time DB-PLDATA * On 2004 the pass 2 ORANGE / black has been known as tan- Has been reported to be yellow/white

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
djmoose 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2004 at 4:14 AM / IP Logged  

I have a 2004 Aztek and I'm THINKING of adding an aftermarket alarm.

What (if any) precautions will I or the installer need to take to tie the alarm in with the DataBus II system?

Thanks in advance,

moose

kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 13, 2004 at 3:11 PM / IP Logged  
for just an alarm, none really......
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio