icon

Porsche 911 carrera

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ctravis 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2004 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged  

I am not sure were to put this topic, so if it needs moved, please do so.

Recently I installed an Alpine IVA-D300 in a customers porsche carrera with a 4 channel amp, and navigation.  my question is:  Does the factory alarm go through the factory radio?  I ask this because the customer now claims that the alarm gives a warning chirp, like there is a door open, or a sensor for the alarm missing.  It is not an aftermarket alarm, I know they give a chirp when the door trigger or hood, ect. are open.  I havn't had the car back in the shop yet to try it with the factory radio back in, but I just wanted to do some research first.  I have searched every place for this and came up with nothing.  Maybe we should just sell them an aftermarket alarm? Ha Ha.  Any help would be apreciated.

Thanks

ctravis

ctravis 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2004 at 6:12 PM / IP Logged  

Sorry, its a 1999 porsche carrera convertable.

ctravis

Ween 
Platinum - Posts: 1,366
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2004 at 7:15 PM / IP Logged  

hi,

i'm pretty sure there is an extra lead (BROWN / blue?) at the radio (maybe the old sleeve even), that grounds when the radio is slid in.  being an easy to access the interior vehicle, removing the radio would set off the alarm.   i'd connect it to the chassis of the new radio with a ring terminal.  hope this helps.

mark

mcqueen 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2004 at 2:48 AM / IP Logged  
porsches sometimes have a contact on the left hand side of the radio slot that when it makes contact with the radio casing it gives a door open warning on the alarm you need to put a small piece of plastic or tape on the side of the alpine to stop it making contact. if you look at the original radio it has a piece of plastic on the side. the contact is if someone tries removing the radio with the alarm on it will make contact as the radio starts coming out and set the alarm off.
jasper
ctravis 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2004 at 9:10 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the help guys!!   I'll be sure to try those options.  I'm sure they will work.

ctravis

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic