icon

What size sub?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
heavilymedicate 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2004 at 11:20 AM / IP Logged  

yeah mtx and fosgate make the best stuff and any subwoofer with chrome flames will hit hard audiobahn is the sh*t ignor all those other suggestions like jl audio xxx and infinity those brands suck no one ever had a system that hit harder and sounded better with that shizzznit

if you want high spl turn your entire bed into a 4th order bandpass box and tune the port/ "blow-through" to like 0 / zero hertz buy a giant peice of plexiglass and cover the entire top of the bed like a bed topper and dont worry about bracining it because the vibrations of the plexi will be real cool to watch mount the subs one up then one down so you can see the magnet and the cone

the head unit does not mater with spl so anything you can fish out of a dumpster will be fine oh and lots and lots of neon so people will know your high performance all the hot rides have neon

what year is your ranger nevermind it done matter dont even bother making sure it is mechanically sound before you install your system if it breaks down just play it in your driveway and dont let your mom get on your case cause you know they'll never kick you out of the trailer park

imo

bumpingjeep 
Copper - Posts: 149
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2004 at 11:36 AM / IP Logged  
lol...oh my goooooddddd...lol...
bumpingjeep 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2004 at 11:36 AM / IP Logged  
lol...oh my gooodddd...lol...
bumpingjeep 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2004 at 11:39 AM / IP Logged  
i hope someone out there got as big of a kick out of that as i did...
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2004 at 12:06 PM / IP Logged  
I wouldnt go with audiobhan.  There are many better subs out there.  Go with some kicker solo L7s, or eclipse subs (I know someone who has three eclipse subs in the bed of a S-10 with a blow-through into the cab).  If you want to spend a little more dough, digital designs makes some KILLER subs.
arkansasboy 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2004 at 12:56 PM / IP Logged  
Hey thanks guys, I went and got all the lumber and plexiglass I need I think today. By tha way, "heavilymedicate", that was pretty dern funny what ya put about my truck.....another snide arkansas remark. But anyways after all this conversing I think i'll go with 2 15"s. I'll post pictures of all my work.
Dan Tha Man
heavilymedicate 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2004 at 1:17 PM / IP Logged  

I had to do it.  What is Arkansas anyhow?  My wife is from Kansas, and her fathers side of the family is down right hillbilly-ish so I have to give someone sh*te when I see Kansas anywhere in there.  I'll be driving from Alaska to Texas with stops at Washington state and Kansas in-between so I guess I will get a good feel for Kansas when I get there.

Well, unless your going to have the woofers showing on the outside, band pass really is the only way to go hu?  You should have huge spl in a narrow band with 2 15's + band pass.  No sq, but plenty of sound/pound.  Def take pictures.  The only cab through i remember seeing  was 2-12's.  The guy built the box like a wedge turned around backwards and pushed up against the bed, it was band pass.  After he build the enclosure, he sprayed bed liner on it and it blended in nicely, like a extra fuel tank, seamless.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic