icon

Directed's Tilt Sensor

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tnelsonx2x 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2004 at 4:05 AM / IP Logged  
Has anyone installed the DEI tilt sensor? I installed this with my 791xv,,and it's been triggering false alarms on arm. For instance..if I park my truck...set my alarm..it comes back as a bypass zone, and sometimes sets off my alarm instantly ... If I disable my alarm. and reset it..it doesn't. I installed the sensor under my dash not at an angle. Blue wire to instant zone 4 trigger, orange wire to ground when armed, red wire to constant fused 12v
Dave Walker 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2004 at 6:05 AM / IP Logged  

If it is one of the newer DEI tilt/motion, with the dip switches, then yes i have had 4 faulty ones.

Clifford tell yo uto turn off the motion sensor !!!!!!

Not much help, but you are not alone !!!

tnelsonx2x 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2004 at 6:24 AM / IP Logged  
Yes that's the one i have..do I need to change some dip switch settings.. it does work as a jacked up my truck and it went off..just sometimes it's "flacky"   Clifford said turn off motion sensor? fuq that!! :) besides..my tilt sensor isn't even on the same zone as my motion sensor. My shock sensor is plugged into the shock sensor port..and my motion sensor is plugged into my shock sensor ( I think ..if I remember correctly)
So can I get an older tilt sensor..or do they have a fix?
larkster 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2004 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged  
i had a few problems with them the last one on a subaru legacy found that where i  mounted it in the center console on a spot where there was no carpet or anything.  I found that if i spaced it up with a piece of mdf the alarm would not false.  I had talked to the tech support a few times they also told me to turn the motion off.  When i talked to our area rep about it.  He said yah that is a common problem cannot be mounted on bare metal.   I said then why the hell doesnt your tech guys know that.  Man i was pissed.  I dont know if that is your problem but i thought i would tell you about my experiences with that sensor.  good luck
tnelsonx2x 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2004 at 1:05 PM / IP Logged  
that's VERY interesting...why do they want you to turn off the motion sensor? what does that prevent? And mine isn't mounted to metal..it's actually on vynl under my dash.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic