What have i broken?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
creeper 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2004 at 11:19 AM / IP Logged  
Hey all,
during my recent first install of a car alarm, i have had a problem. I installed everything and the alarm alone worked great. Then i went ot hook up the central locking. i couldnt get it to work, so iwas trying out different combinations of wiring. When i finally got it right, the doors will only unlock but wont lock on arming. when trying to figure out why this was happening, i found the fuse on the wire in question was blown. i followed the wire, checking voltage while disarming the alarm at several points from the fuse holder to the pin. at no point did it show the 12v+ needed to power the door locks. so i think i may have damaged whatever was connected to the pin.
What have i broken? - Last Post -- posted image.
so im asking for some help - what have i blown? looking at the circuit board, the pin leads to a little black box that has "50/60hz
              10A/250V    15A 125VAC
              12A/28V     12A 28VDC
              OKS3C-S15DC12V"printed on it.i think it may be a relay.
would this have blown and caused the problem i described? the other pin that works great leads to the same type of component.any help would be appreciated.
creeper
Teken 
Gold - Posts: 1,492
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2004 at 4:29 PM / IP Logged  
What make, model, year vehicle is this??
clank 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2004 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged  
central locking you need to ad an actuator in the drivers door to get lock and unlock.
shocker
creeper 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2004 at 10:48 PM / IP Logged  
its an 89 rx7. there is an actuator in both doors, i installed them as an aftermarket kit. the kit needs to recieve a 12v pulse on th elock wire to make all the doors lock. this pulse should be coming from pin 5, put its not. so i think ive broken something. its been pretty well confirmed that i have blown something, just not sure what...
tbirdman74 
Copper - Posts: 164
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2004 at 3:07 AM / IP Logged  
If the object in question is a small black box on the circuit board, about 3/4x3/4x1 inches in size, more than likely a relay.  if you know what you are doing(not incinuating that you dont, just have no point of reference as far as your abilities), you can test the relay by manually applying 12v+ and ground to the appropriate contacts, and observing what happens at the other three(or two depending on solar flares...)  This can tell you if the relay is fried, or if it is something else in the circuitry of the alarm.  If it is relay, they can be replaced if you can find one similar that matches up with the board.  Good Luck.
If it don't fit, Force it.
If it breaks, You needed a new one anyway!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic