icon

Acousticaly Tuned?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lolzitsmtss 
Copper - Posts: 174
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2004 at 4:33 PM / IP Logged  

you know what....I tried looking up what else would stop or reduce the resonance or just the vibrating and i couldn't find anything.  I think the cheapest thing for me is home depot. I'se seen stuff its likes paint and u brush it on. It also comes in in a spray can and u just spray it on the object. I thought that was the best just spray it. I would think thats the easiest way. No roller no heat gun no nothing just spray. Also, Not to sound like a complete moron or idiot for asking this question...Can i spray the outside of the car? It goes on clear and odorless, its waterproof. Im thinking it must leave some kind of coating. I'll be sure to read the cautions and warnings about what it could do to the paint but if everything is okay and it doesnt leave any mark or anything visible..Will it actually work...have you had anyone actually do this?

Thanx alot man...I really appreciate you reponses...

thanx again

I guess that guy has subs.
Rushman 
Silver - Posts: 380
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2004 at 5:13 PM / IP Logged  
Im not exactly sure what this spray on product is but if its some kind of sound dampening material or anything like it , Im sure it cant be good for the paint job. Im thinking the spray has adhesive or bonding qualities that might dry clear but still change the apperance of the car. Ive seen lots of people recently do the Rhino Lining all over the exterior of the vehicle but that was knowing the textured look it would produce. Did a good job on noise kill tho.....
99 F-one fitty
Pioneer Premier H/U
Alpine EQ
Kicker 1200 amp
4 Kicker comp 10s
6 kicker SS65.2 components
lolzitsmtss 
Copper - Posts: 174
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2004 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged  
yeah, i kinda figured that
I guess that guy has subs.
Poormanq45 
Silver - Posts: 597
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2004 at 10:07 PM / IP Logged  
For sound deadning, I usually use thick carpet. I have glued this stuff in the doors before. It works very well, and it's cheap. Also, it helps to spray the insides of body panels with rubber. This keeps them from vibrating much.
I have also had success using fiberglass insulation. I stuffed it into the doors. Also, the added insulation helped to maintain the temperature of the interior.
Basically, anything that is very porous will work good for sound deadning.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic