icon

Bazooka Tubes?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
arkansasboy 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2004 at 7:31 AM / IP Logged  
Hey have yall ever herd anything about how Bazooka bass tubes sound? I have a friend that is fixing to get 2 NOS Bottle shaped Bazooka tubes that are 200 watts a piece. Will they sound good?? There going in a Chevy S-10.
Dan Tha Man
boxmaker85 
Silver - Posts: 433
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2004 at 7:58 AM / IP Logged  
I'm not a fan of the fake nos ones.  The triangular ones are really sweet!  A guy had like 7 of them hooked up.  They slamed the crap out of my chest (it was in a show room so...).  The 8" subs are good too.  Not quite a normal sub and enclosure but for a compact design w/ a small price tag they give good bump for the buck.  I think two bazookas will do that chevy justice.
94legend 
Silver - Posts: 237
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2004 at 9:51 AM / IP Logged  

How much is he spending on those boozoka tubes?  I have never tried them before, and do not intend to. I do like the way boxmaker85 is describing those triangular subs. I would love to give those a shot. but nothing bangs like the mtx 9500 that a friend of mine has. That crap pounds pretty good. HE ran them 3 10's - 2 12's - and 1 15".  Now its on sale. But yeah just go with the tubes, and let me know how it goes.  I'm thinkging about getting one 13w7 JL audio.

94legend 
Silver - Posts: 237
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2004 at 9:56 AM / IP Logged  

After reading what i wrote, about the MTx's, He ddint' run all of them in his expdition at one time, he swtiched them every once in a while, but they all pound pretty scaary. First it was the 3 10's, after a month or so he tried 2 12's. And his final resutl ended up with 1 15". and now its on sale. There we go.!!lol

^_^

boxmaker85 
Silver - Posts: 433
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2004 at 11:01 AM / IP Logged  

That 13w7 is the best sounding sub I've ever heard.  It's got some huge power output with almost no distortion.  I'm lookin at a 10w7.

But the triangular bazooka isn't a bad price, not sure exactly what it is but definately cheaper then a traditional sub and box.  Like I said they've got some great boom for the buck. 

astro88 
Copper - Posts: 195
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2004 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged  
They sound pretty good, i had two 8 inchers in tubes with 75 watts going to each one, they have the abilaty to create ALOT of base with less power. And for a small car with little space there a good choice. But Be warned they are "boomy" don't expect too much "tight" soundin bass.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic