the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2004 F-150 alarm/remote start (long post)

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Preyhunter 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2004 at 10:20 AM / IP Logged  
Getting into the power window module at this point is a little too much for me. This is my first attempt at an alarm installation and I'm barely keeping my head above water as it is. I'm reposting these questions that I posted earlier...
Ok, I think I have all of that so far. My 556U documentation says only 3 or 4 of the 6 wires coming off of the wire harness will be used: black - chassis ground, red - +12V constant, and blue - status output from remote start. The Violet (+) keysense wire from the 556U may POSSIBLY be needed. Does that sound right? I'd just connect the blue wire to the Yellow (-) Ignition 3 control output as stated in mo12v's reply to my original post. Since the keysense wire is pointed out in the wiring info for the truck, can I assume that I will need to connect the keysense wire from the 556U, or should I try without first?
Now to the door locks. It looks as if the truck has a negative trigger door lock system (correct me if I'm wrong). All I have to do is connect the unlock and lock wires from the alarm to the unlock and lock wires from the truck and that will activate the relays in the truck, not requiring extra relays. Is that right? Will that unlock all of the doors at once?
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 04, 2004 at 10:32 AM / IP Logged  

Depending on your units output.  Usually U can wire it that way, but U may need 2 SPDT Relays for a stronger Ground. 

Yes it will UNLock all doors at once, unless you have a 2 Door UnLock wire. Then you will need to wire it at the Driver  Door UNLOCK wire for Driver Door 1st.

Power LockPINK / YELLOWDRIVER KICK PANEL
Power UnlockPINK/GREENDRIVER KICK PANEL
Negative Pulse Door Lock Circuit

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
davedyer79 
Copper - Posts: 178
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2004 at 3:29 PM / IP Logged  
No, you shouldn't need the keysense and just tie the blue into the Pink/green and the green into the pink / YELLOW.  Did this same setup this last weekend in my friends 04 F-150.  Your really should look into the window module as stated above.  If you can tackle this alarm the Autopage window module will be a breeze.  I would also recommend the toggle switch idea in the center console or somewhere under the dash.  The last thing you need is a Certified Ford Tech getting his arm cut off when servicing your truck. Could save a lawsuit.  Just a suggestion.  Good luck.
davedyer79
Preyhunter 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2004 at 10:34 AM / IP Logged  
Again, wouldn't the hood pin do the same thing? It would disable the remote start if the hood is up?
Preyhunter 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2004 at 6:20 AM / IP Logged  
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that helped me out with the info I've requested over the past week or so. I finished the install yesterday and everything is working properly. There's no way I would have gotten it done without the help I received in this thread. I do have to say, however, that it all started making more sense to me the longer I thought about how it should all work and especially the input-output relationship.
Again, thanks for all the help. It is greatly appreciated.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic