icon

2004.5 Dodge Ram Diesel + Clifford RS3.5

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
8mpg 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2004 at 3:32 PM / IP Logged  
Well, I have never installed an alarm before and Im thinking thinking of installin this one myself. I know how to do basic wiring and for the most part it looks easy to install. Im running into some questions though on the doorlocks and headlights.
I got this off another thread a while back:
04 Ram
12volts      red (x2)       +       ignition harness
Starter      yellow       +       ignition harness
Ignition      pink/white       +       ignition harness
Second Ignition      pink/lt. green       +       ignition harness
Accessory      dk. blue & pink/yel (16 awg)       +       ignition harness
Second Accessory      pink / YELLOW (14 awg)       +       ignition harness
Power Lock      PURPLE / dk. green       -       driver kick, door harness
Notes: Lock is negative trigger thru an 820 ohm resistor. Unlock is negative trigger thru a 330 ohm resistor. MUST use relays.
Power Unlock      same wire as power lock              
Parking Lights+      wht/yel (L), wht/gray (R)       +       harness at top of driver fender
Parking Lights-      WHITE/ lt. green       -       headlight switch
Notes: Parking lights are negative trigger thru a 249 or 330 ohm resistor. MUST use a relay.
Door Trigger      see notes       -       see notes
Notes: The driver door trigger is purple and the driver side rear door is PURPLE / orange. These wires are in the driver kick panel. The passenger door trigger is PURPLE / white and the passenger side rear door is purple / YELLOW. These wires are in the passenger kick panel. Use all four wires and diode isolate each. See DirectFax document 1076 for wiring information.
Dome Supervision      use door trigger wire

Factory Alarm Arm      PURPLE / lt. blue       -       driver kick, door harness
Notes: This will also do door locks. Arm/lock is negative trigger thru a 2K ohm resistor. Disarm/unlock is negative trigger thru a 480 ohm resistor. Single pulse will do disarm without unlocking the doors. Unlock requires a double pulse. MUST use relays.
Factory Alarm Disarm      same wire as factory alarm arm      

Tachometer      dk. blue/gray       ac       PCM, orange plug, pin 34
Notes: The PCM is on the passenger side firewall. On diesel models the tach wire is at the ECM on the lower driver side of the engine, 60 pin plug, pin 24.
Wait to start      see document 1091              
Brake Wire      WHITE/ tan       +       brake pedal switch
Parking Brake      dk. GREEN / WHITE       -       parking brake switch
Horn Trigger      dk. GREEN/ purple       -       steering column
Immobilizer Bypass Module:     Required: Yes     Type: Sentry Key     Part #: 555C or 555U
Notes: Only vehicles with gray keys have the immobilizer.
Now the questions.. My truck uses the black keys but does have a grey key, so I need the bypass setup? When I wire in the relays for the door locks, how do I wire it? https://www.the12volt.com/doorlocks/doorlocks.asp Are any of those setups similar? What wires go on which posts of the relay for the headlights? And last but not least, what to do with the factory arm and disarm?
All this relay stuff is new to me but I would like to learn it all and be able to accomplish something on my own for once.
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2004 at 11:18 PM / IP Logged  
your truck has black keys? I've never ever seen that on an 03-5 dodge ram.
Are the remotes built into the key?.
These trucks are easy, there's only 2 acc wires that need powering. Blue and pink / YELLOW (16awg)
Locks depend on whether you have factory alarm or not. To test put your key in the drivers door cylinder and turn to lock, if all doors lock you have a factory alarm. You need to use the violet/lt.blue wire with a 2x pulse on unlock. Otherwise it's violet/green in the same harness.
Parklights are WHITE/ silver in the main harness running into the junction block under the drivers side dash, brake can also be found there.
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
8mpg 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2004 at 2:45 PM / IP Logged  

Shaughn...

Im retarded... I went out and checked, I do not have a factory alarm.  I only have black keys and have seperate key fobs for keyless entry... The honda that we have has both grey and black keys.  I have been reading more and more trying to learn it all and I think Im getting the hang of it all.  The main question I have now is how many wire door lock setup do I have?  I read somewhere on another thread that the truck was a 5 wire system, but Im thinking its a 1 wire.  Any ideas?

Whats the difference on a 1 pulse vs 2 pulse other than the obvious?  Different relays?

8mpg 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2004 at 12:11 AM / IP Logged  
anyone?
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2004 at 8:43 PM / IP Logged  
In the drivers kickpanel area there's a violet/green wire. This is your locl/unlock wire.
You need a 820ohm resistor to ground to lock, and a 330 ohm resistor to ground to unlock.
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic