what would you do?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
astro88 
Copper - Posts: 195
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2004 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged  
forbidden wrote:

See ya later 8's don't let the door hit ya on the way out!

LOL thats a good one, So does everone recommend dvc  to get the 1 ohm load?

prolly wanna get 12s eh? with dual 4 ohm coils.

Or would two 12s with regular 4 ohm coils just plain hit alot harder than the 8s? (and stick with the 2 ohm load?)

Ive never really heard of diamond audio? Thanx for the offer, if i cant find somthing around here i'll get back to ya,

astro88 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2004 at 4:05 PM / IP Logged  

Heres what i did! Since its just 6 weeks b4 christmas and money is very very tight i went "bargain" shopping.

Took a little trip to xs cargo and found a pair of visonik tens in a (i know) bandpass box for 149 bucks,even has the neon strobe lights in it,lol

But the box is rather "pretty" haha, and it will serve the purpose for now, its actually pretty well built and sounds pretty decent for the cost!

Only problem is its a final sale so if it takes a terd its my terd!

stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 12, 2004 at 4:11 PM / IP Logged  
Oh my God, sorry about your luck, astro.  What will you get for Christmas, bad boy?  Coal........or Visonik??
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2004 at 4:23 PM / IP Logged  
$149 for a visonik 10" is not what I would call anywhere near decent for the cost. Not even close, sorry.
If I was under an extreme budget I'd buy a GOOD subwoofer at a discount somewhere and build a box myself.
If I wanted something prefab this option would have been 1000x better:
http://www.cardomain.com/item/MTXSLHT4510A
Not to make you feel horrible about your purchase, but hopefully by pointing out your blunder I can help others avoid making the same mistake. ;-)
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
astro88 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2004 at 4:34 PM / IP Logged  

Please dont launch an all out assault on me,lol the topic is not called "visonik haters"

Cheapest subs i coud find elswere in the used department was 250 for pair of 12 inch mtx 6000s

Rushman 
Silver - Posts: 380
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2004 at 7:13 PM / IP Logged  
kfr.............the $149 was for a PAIR of visonic 10s PLUS the bandpass box. Thats a deal in my book , even if it is just temporary till after the Holidays. You ARE going to update after the holidays arent you Astro ???? Just messin with ya. Its all good. You had to remind us X-mas is ONLY 6 weeks away?
99 F-one fitty
Pioneer Premier H/U
Alpine EQ
Kicker 1200 amp
4 Kicker comp 10s
6 kicker SS65.2 components
astro88 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2004 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged  

Yes i will be getting somthing in the new year! These are definatly temporary.

The bass has improved quite a bit for now, the severe lack of b4 was untoloerable,

For now im happy, Presents under the tree for my two boys is more important right now than a couple of subs for me,Mabye santa will bring me some L7swhat would you do? - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

Rushman 
Silver - Posts: 380
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2004 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  

Im hoping for Santa to stop by the dealership and pick up my 05 F-150 4 door for me. Ive been a good boy.

99 F-one fitty
Pioneer Premier H/U
Alpine EQ
Kicker 1200 amp
4 Kicker comp 10s
6 kicker SS65.2 components
astro88 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2004 at 10:31 AM / IP Logged  

Been using the visiniks for a few days now and ive gotta say they sound pretty good!

They hit pretty good and shake the car alot,i would recommend these subs to anyone on a budget.

There recommended wattage is 250rms each and im throwing 300 each to em and they seem to like it!

I may throw em into a sealed enclosure and see how they sound

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic