icon

Amplifier configuration for 6 1/2 & subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2004 at 6:37 PM / IP Logged  
Nothing wrong with Nak's 6x9's at all. SQ are fantastic in them so i would highly recommend them. A problem presented though is the wattage. The amp gives out 100 W x 4 @ 4 ohms and the 6x9's are only 55 W RMS and 110 WPEAK. There are a lot of good 6x9's out there, and this is one of them; You might want to look for one that will hold more power though. 
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2004 at 7:06 PM / IP Logged  
I agree with DYohn's advice. Listen to him - he knows what he's talking about.
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2004 at 7:13 PM / IP Logged  

We all know what we are talking about - but we all need help from time to time. Let me know what 6x9 you roll with by the way. - Tony

"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
vinspo 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2004 at 7:15 PM / IP Logged  

As far as components are concerned, only your ears can tell you which ones will be the best choice for you in my opinion. There are several great sets out with different attributes to them. My personal preference is the Diamond Hex series w/ Silk tweeters, but I have listened to Bostons, Focals, MB Quart and others. They all sound fantastic, so your music and ears will have to be the ultimate judge in the decision.

My question for you was upon using 6 x 9's for subs. Is this due to personal preference or size constraints? I know focal makes a 5" subwoofer that has had some great reviews if you needed a small driver to play low. I haven't heard much about 6 x 9's being used in high-end systems, but thats just me.

uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2004 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  
When it comes to components, stick with Focal's, CDT's, Adire Koda's, Cadence CVL-6K's, or the Nakamichi SP-S6500. Those are all great components.
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2004 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  
All I can offer is this, I have replaced the 6x9 in the rear of the car with co-ax's 5 1/4's going to go with 6 1/2's very soon.   I will never never never run 6x9's in the rear of a car again
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2004 at 8:24 PM / IP Logged  
You'll never see a 6x9 in my car again as well. 6.5'' Components only for me.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic