Sealing the trunk off? Need Help

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2004 at 12:50 PM / IP Logged  
"ditto" what stevdart said
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
ophidia31 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2004 at 4:02 PM / IP Logged  
anybody else got ideas?
Most Wanted 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2004 at 4:36 PM / IP Logged  

what you need to do is Seal off the Front of the woofer box to the cabin.

youll need some Great Stuff Sealent and divise a plan, Also use the rubber gloves TRUST me, Anytime working with great stuff, It does get messy, Its a red can at the hardware store. get the Box as close forward as you can and build it into the car as much as you can, what you want is the Woffers to fire directly into the cabin and seal them off from the trunk.

What kind of car is this in??

ophidia31 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2004 at 6:52 PM / IP Logged  
That great stuff is well, great. used it on my old car to fill in some big areas. it is indeed quite messy and sticks to everything lol i have an 01 buick regal gs. dont have any rear speakers and i already sealed off those openings. there is one left that i need to seal where the 3rd brake light is. other than that it should be all the little holes and things. sealing the front from the back was the first thing i was going to try and see how that works out for me. does it need to be entirely sealed? if i miss a couple small holes will it make a difference? all of the major ones are going to be sealed up. just curious if i miss a couple little ones if that make a difference?
Rushman 
Silver - Posts: 380
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2004 at 6:55 PM / IP Logged  
I dont think tiny pin holes or bolt holes will make an audable difference to your ear.
99 F-one fitty
Pioneer Premier H/U
Alpine EQ
Kicker 1200 amp
4 Kicker comp 10s
6 kicker SS65.2 components
Most Wanted 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2004 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  

little holes will be fine, You said you were covering the rear in dynamat so that will cover the little holes.

The sides, top and bottom are the biggest concerns, you need a good tight seal, that will cure all your issues. even with a box i still seal them into the cabin area when firing forward.

ophidia31 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2004 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the help guys. took the car apart and dynamated up everything that i saw could have been a problem. was a noticeable difference and stopped about 90% of the cancellation and is noticeably louder. had to turn my gains down on the amp and the subwoofer control on the deck. it still gets a little louder when the trunk is open but ill have to deal with it. its not a drastic change like before.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic