icon

power wire through firewall

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2004 at 12:51 PM / IP Logged  
Does anyone know where I can run 4G power wire through the firewall of a '88 Crown Vic?? Passenger side would be best since that’s the side the batt. is on and I don’t have a lot of wire. Their is a lot of computer crap under the dash of, and it is nearly impossible to get to the firewall from under the hood (big engine power wire through firewall - Last Post -- posted image. ) so don’t feel real safe doing any drilling.      
supradude 
Silver - Posts: 915
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2004 at 4:04 PM / IP Logged  
Can't help you with that one, pimpincavy. Sorry, but I've never ran into that particular car before.
'85 Toy
Ketel22 
Silver - Posts: 976
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2004 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged  
amazing just did 1 yesterday...there are places to get too on the passenger side. hard to get to i believe you would have to remove the wheel well to get to them....i ran all the way to the driver side for easy and time...
Quad L Handyman services
ophidia31 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2004 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged  
if im not mistaken there is a wire bundle running through on the passenger side. its kinda awkward to get to but it saves wire from running across the engine bay. its been like 2 years since i worked on one that old so im working from memory on this one. check it out. if not, i tried power wire through firewall - Last Post -- posted image.
pimpincavy 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2004 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks guys, ill take a look tomorrow. There is a lot of A/C stuff under the hood on the pass. side to dig through. How bad would it be to run it through the door jamb. My friend did it on his towncar, its been like that for awhile and he hasnt had any problems. Thoughts??
pimpincavy 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2004 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged  
Ketel22, do you by any chance have any pics of your install? Or any installs in a CV from that era. Ive looked around the web and couldnt find much. The few CVs on cardomain had systems that were medicore at best (a full volfenhag/legacy setup isnt really what im looking for lol.)
pimpincavy 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2004 at 1:12 PM / IP Logged  
Ok I found some holes on the passenger side. Down near the floor their is a group of wires running through a large rubber gromet. To the right of that are a few more wires running through a small plastic gromet. Then to the left of the big grommet their is a hole through the metal that is more than big enough for my 4G wire. However their is plastic behind the metal. Does anyone know where this hole would come out? It must be pretty deep under the engine.
trunkstare 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2004 at 2:56 PM / IP Logged  
As for being uncertain where to drill, Try using a punch and a hammer to mark the prospective location from either the passenger area or the engine bay. Of course don't go all the way through but just make a small indention and check that area for clearance Clarance, Roger....over
pimpincavy 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2004 at 3:54 PM / IP Logged  
Problem is I really cant see very far into the engine bay. Would it help to have it on a lift?? becasue I could proably get it on one over the weekend.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic