icon

CrimeStopper Problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
losboricua 
Copper - Posts: 135
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2004 at 4:38 PM / IP Logged  

Ok i got the Crimestopper cs-2015fm alarm/remote starter on my 98 monte carlo z34.  ok the problem is that when  i arm the alarm sometimes it trips warning sirent 10 seconds after arming and it send to my pager the warning signal.  sometimes it does it in the middle of the night out of no reason.  i was talking to someone on the board and he told me to disconect the trunk pin switch cable but it still does it.  before un hooking the trunk switch it sometimes the alarm went off.  how can i test if the door switches are going bad or if it is the alarm taking a dumb on me.  any advise are all welcome.

thanks

carlos

2015 Hyundai Genesis Ultimate Black on Black
Tinted Windows, Fogs, Roof Spoiler, ARK Springs, Ruff R1 20's Staggered
mrsparky637 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2004 at 5:00 PM / IP Logged  
First Check and make sure all your connections are right. I hooked up a remote start one time and it would
not do nothing. Went through my connections and I hadn't
hooked up the main power wire! No wonder it wouldn't work. Make sure you have a good ground. I use my test light for this. If you hook to a known power wire and the light comes on then that would be a good ground. After checking your connections and ground, If equipped,
I would disconnect the motion sensor and try the remote.
I have a crimestopper on my truck and it works great.
It wouldn't work one time and I had it in valet mode.
Read the book and it fixed it right up
Good Luck, I know how aggravating they can be.
Just walk away for a day or so. IT HELPS
mrsparky 637
CrimeStopper Problem - Last Post -- posted image.
mrsparky637
ers1121 
Copper - Posts: 110
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2004 at 5:50 PM / IP Logged  
Check to be sure the motion sensor is secured correctly, I had one that did the same thing, the motion sensor was porly mounted by the installer (not me), the slightest breeze or bump to the car set it off. Also check to see f it it adjusted properly. Some but not all of these sensors can be adjusted.
Ed
Teken 
Gold - Posts: 1,492
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2004 at 6:33 PM / IP Logged  
Carlos,
I would suggest that you confirm with the alarm system as to what zone(s) is being tripped. And not simply guessing as to what it could be.
That is why the alarm has a LED, and remote to tell you what area is activating the alarm system.
Knowledge is power. But only if you apply that knowledge in a positive way, which promotes positive results in others.
EVIL Teken . . .
losboricua 
Copper - Posts: 135
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2004 at 9:17 PM / IP Logged  

well i know the coonection are all good since i looked over them 3 or four times last week. and i did remount the shock sensor. i will see how the sensitive the sensor is and will tuned it down.  the picture that shows on the pager is the "Pre warning Shock Protection". im going to test some stuff 2morrow and then let u guys know what is the vertic.

thanks

carlos

2015 Hyundai Genesis Ultimate Black on Black
Tinted Windows, Fogs, Roof Spoiler, ARK Springs, Ruff R1 20's Staggered

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic