the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Please Help subwoofer enclosure

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Sancho 
Copper - Posts: 162
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2004 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged  

My friend just got New Honda civic ...also has Cerwin Vega Hed 15 svc ...which box is better for this sub sealed or ported and how many cu ft it should be

Thank you !!!

Rushman 
Silver - Posts: 380
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2004 at 10:25 PM / IP Logged  
I tried to look up the specs on that sub but thier web site doesnt give much info on them. The one thing I could find is that work best in sealed enclosure. Maybe someone else here could give you a better idea of how many cu. ft. it should be.
99 F-one fitty
Pioneer Premier H/U
Alpine EQ
Kicker 1200 amp
4 Kicker comp 10s
6 kicker SS65.2 components
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2004 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  
I disagree, because i have personally heard the VEGA and HED series subs from them and despite their specs on the site they sound great in a ported box and for a 15 you should use about 2.75 -3 cu ft tuned down to about 28 or 30 hz. Its a decent woofer for the money, but the box is the key for it. The quality install makes all the difference.
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
Rushman 
Silver - Posts: 380
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2004 at 10:34 PM / IP Logged  
thats cool uthinkukno........I havent used those woofers before and was just going off the little information that was on thier web site. Im kinda leary about companies that dont post thier detailed specs on products.
99 F-one fitty
Pioneer Premier H/U
Alpine EQ
Kicker 1200 amp
4 Kicker comp 10s
6 kicker SS65.2 components
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 16, 2004 at 12:02 AM / IP Logged  
You have to email them for a spec sheet......who knows.  That's what I did before I got my 12" HED.  I use it single in a 0.8 box sealed and get great results.  As far as I know, the HED series were designed for sealed small enclosures, as replacement subs in factory locations (by the CW description).
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
soundmasta 
Silver - Posts: 246
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2004 at 7:49 AM / IP Logged  
almost any sub will sound great in a  ported enclosure, if it's tuned right. the HED's may have been deaigned for a small sealed box, but so were solo barics. maybe even try a bandpass.
boxmaker85 
Silver - Posts: 433
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2004 at 8:52 AM / IP Logged  
Vega's are loud in bandpass.  Not much sq but I've heard the vega and bandpass, loud (not sure how long it lasted  Please Help subwoofer enclosure - Last Post -- posted image.).  And unfortunately no soundmasta there are quite a few subs that don't sound good in ported boxes.  They can play in one but to reach their potential in sq and spl they might need to be in bandpass or sealed.  All depends on the sub.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic