icon

what do you think of this set up?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chevyman26 
Copper - Posts: 227
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2004 at 2:04 AM / IP Logged  

Just wanted to throw this in because I used 5 minutes of my own time on it today - I called over to my nearest Kenwood dealer - which happens to be in Canada (I live in the U.S.) - and the price he gave me without hesitation is $429.99 Canadian dollars, which at today's exchange rate is $362.18 U.S. dollars, before taxes. I say if you paid $399.99  ($336.45 U.S.) at a local dealer you got a deal.

Other than that, if it pleases your eyes and ears, than yes it's the right hu for you, no matter what any other yay-hoo says.

You'd better get me out of this lord... or else you'll have me to deal with. -- Hunter S. Thompson "F.A.L.I.L.V."
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 23, 2004 at 1:55 PM / IP Logged  

i was under the original assumption that you were asking about these components because you were considering buying them... and wanted advice from others.... 

but it sounds like you already bought this gear.... and are seeking only self-affirmation that you bought good gear......   what do you care what anyone else here thinks of the particular products that you purchased?  if you are happy with what you paid and the SQ then isn't what someone else thinks somewhat academic??

if you like how it sounds and are happy, then be happy....why depress yourself listening to the opinions of others who would have bought this or that..... if there is a particular component that you feel is the weak link in your chain, replace it... if you feel it sounds great, enjoy........

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
xTimx 
Copper - Posts: 354
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2005 at 2:36 PM / IP Logged  
(gets knocked to the floor) holy smokes. damn guys, talk about hot! :P lol simmer down everyone, and take some midal.
i DO have the 3.5" mb's AND the 6x9's they sound great.
i DID bought the deck and i couldnt be more than happy with it, looks and sound wise. i do listen to alot of various stuff for music. and the harmonics for some of the songs are unbelievable. since i have no job. i cant afford the amps right now.
as for the nak thing. i dont think you can get nak in regina. not as far as i know anyways.
thanks for all the input people! :P :)
xTimx
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2005 at 8:03 PM / IP Logged  
If you happy with your head unit that is all that matters. I still thank you got ripped of tremendously, but you believe otherwise. I affirm the fact that it was not worth that at all and you could have got the CD-400 for cheaper and had a better HU. I still can't believe this post has been ressurrected...
but anyways, MB's are great speakers and i highly recommend them. Just be nice to them and they will be nice to you. Oh, you can get nak shipped to canada. They sell the CD-400 on woofersetc.com . Its a great head unit, and i recommend it to anyone that loves SQ!
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2005 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  
I think this horse has been beat to death and this thread needs to be locked up (wink wink Moderator)
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
Page of 5

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic