icon

resin filler

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
boxmaker85 
Silver - Posts: 433
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2004 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  

I know someone previously mentioned this before and I just ran a search on this but nothing was found.  What do you guys recomend for a filler?  I heard talc powder works ok.  And also those mini glass beads (i think that's what they were).  Weight's not a big issue, but cost is.  That's why I'm aimed toward the talc.  Any recomendations on how to go about doing this?  Thanks.

BTW it's being used to fill in the edges where the fg and mdf meet.  It looks ok but I want to be sure that's why I want to use a thick resin to fill a small bead/layer of resin in to make sure of that seal.

CarAudioHelp 
Copper - Posts: 198
Copper spacespace
boxmaker85 
Silver - Posts: 433
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2004 at 8:28 PM / IP Logged  
Waht's a good mixing ratio?  I just want it thick enough so that it will stick to the wall/corner a little bit.  BTW thanks caraudio  Don't know why I couldn't find those post.  I knew I've read them somewhere.
lathan 
Copper - Posts: 105
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2004 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged  
man, u can even use sawdust. fumed silica works best though to make it pasty. its about $60.00 though for a 10lb. bag. go to www.uscomposites.com peace.
Lathan Hites
"I'm sorry, without a credit card I'll be requiring a stool sample"
HottAccord 
Silver - Posts: 247
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2004 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged  
lathan wrote:
man, u can even use sawdust. fumed silica works best though to make it pasty. its about $60.00 though for a 10lb. bag. go to www.uscomposites.com peace.
US Composites sells smaller quantities of fumed silica (cabosil), I bought a 5 quart bucket and it should last a while.  resin filler - Last Post -- posted image.
Im a fiberglass whore!!
dxav 
Silver - Posts: 314
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2004 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  
If you need cheap, go with sawdust, it's practically free. Q-Cells are the beads you are talking about.
Play around with the mixtures.
DXAV

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic