icon

rear speakers in 96 grand am gt

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
supradude 
Silver - Posts: 915
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2004 at 4:32 PM / IP Logged  
The speakers are mounted underneath a cover that has to come off to get them out. I took the back seat out, but I don't see any bolts or screws that hold it down. I don't want to force it up and possibly break it by doing this. Does anybody know an easy way to get it out of the way?
'85 Toy
audifive 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2004 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  
you must remove all of the side panels after you remove all seat cushions.  there will be a couple screws and the rest is held in by clips.  the rear deck will lift right out.  be careful though, because the clips in the side pillars like to break, and if they dont, it still takes some paceince to get them back in properly.  good luck
boxmaker85 
Silver - Posts: 433
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2004 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  

Yeah if the grand am is anything like the grand prix it's  PITA!!!!  But audifive sounds like that's right.  I've heard it's a little different than the grand prix's but along the same lines.

supradude 
Silver - Posts: 915
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2004 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the info. That is why I couldn't pull it up. Those side panels were a bit#* to remove!
'85 Toy
bumpingjeep 
Copper - Posts: 149
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2004 at 10:54 PM / IP Logged  
for future reference guys you can actually back those screws out from inside the trunk and then angle the speakers out...this all depends on if you mind bottom mounting the speakers or not...but who really cares anyway...they are 6x9s...not much quality to work with there to start with...i know this doesn't help you now supradude but if you have to do it again...this way only takes ten minutes

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic