icon

wire instead of rods.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
OZzyd 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2004 at 3:30 PM / IP Logged  
hello all i need to add actuators to a new 2005 accord but instead of old rods like before it comes with the new design wire, is there any new actuators or way to make this work or do i have to rig something to make it happen?
spl-Hz 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2004 at 4:08 PM / IP Logged  

We installed actuators in a hyundai befor with wires and it's a pain in the a.. The customer would show up every

couple of months to have them fix. We attached rods to the wire and after time the would come loose.

Neadless to say we wouldn't attempt it again. One thing i might suggest is to super glue the attachment point.

OZzyd 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2004 at 4:15 PM / IP Logged  
i was thinking to connect the wire directly to the actuator and the rod to the stub in the door but i need to figure out a way to make both (rod and wire)  attach to the actuator itself i need two wholes instead of one if u know what i mean wire instead of rods. - Last Post -- posted image.
jc18750 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2004 at 5:52 AM / IP Logged  
i did a hyundai with cable locks. i put a couple of bends in the lock rod to get it where i wanted it. but in the end i had drilled a hole in the plastic behind the lock switch and bent a hook in the after market lock bar. it works fine and haven't had a problem with it yet, its been about a year. However, it was indeed a pain in the a.. and not worth the time and money.
Dreadlock 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2004 at 4:27 PM / IP Logged  
i have done it before but im with the others on this one the customer comes back about 3-4 times a year to have them fixed.
DanDan 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2004 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged  
This an easy one to do. Go to your local Honda dealer and order all 4 power door locks. They come with the latch assembly. They are kind of a pain to put in but after doing a ton of them it is now easy. The front doors are more difficult. I do not try to hack up the old ones as the factory parts are cheap. I think I pay like $15 for the rears per and $25 each for the front. The only mod you have to make is connecting the wires up to the actuators. I have never had one returned, they are factory! If you need the part numbers just ask.
DanDan
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2004 at 1:21 AM / IP Logged  
Most of the times with the cables instead of rods it is easier to attach your actuators directly to the lock button itself, or to the latch assembly itself. Factory parts as suggested isn't a bad idea either.
Mike

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic