icon

Astro Flex starters, Any quirks?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mnviking28 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2005 at 3:16 PM / IP Logged  

19 flashes is exactly what I have.  I somehow must have missed that they went to manual transmission for a default.  I have checked all the connections over and over again and was just beating my head against the wall.  I new it had to be something simple.  Thanks for your help. 

MNViking28
mnviking28 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2005 at 8:48 PM / IP Logged  
Well guys...I have an interesting one here.  I tried your suggestions and thought I had everything cured.  I fixed (at least I thought I did) the Alero, the Jeep, plus installed 2 more.  Everything seemed to be going great.  However, I go a phone call this afternoon and there is a problem with the Alero.  It starts every time with the remote as long as it is warm.  It will engage continuous mode, no problem.  However about every third time you try to start it when it is cold, it just cranks.  It will not fire, nor start, just continuously crank.  The only way you can get it to stop is by pressing on the brake or by pushing the stop button.  I assumed that I had a problem with the passlock bypass, so I rechecked the readings with a multimeter and it read exactly the same as when the starter was not being used.  I have never seen anything like it before.  Does anyone have any ideas? 
MNViking28
mnviking28 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2005 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  

Well, I hope you guys can help me with one more problem.  I took your suggestions and tried them on the Alero and the Jeep.  Everything seemed to work fine.  I installed two more, they seemed to work great.  That was until this afternoon when I got a phone call from the owner of the Alero.  It seems that when the vehicle is warm, it will start every time by remote.  It will engage continuous mode no problem.  No security issues whatsoever.  However, about every third time that she tries to start it when it has been sitting for several hours, it will not start.  All it does is crank.  It will not fire nor will it start.  It just  cranks until you press the stop button or step on the brake.  I thought it had to be an issue with the passlock system, so I double checked my readings.  They seem to read exactly the same.  Any ideas what I could have done wrong?  I am completely confused.  Any help would be appreciated. 

MNViking28
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic