icon

speeding tickets

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 14, 2004 at 9:03 AM / IP Logged  
I don't think I'll go the attorney route, but I'm definitely looking into this Texas one.  I may have enough to get it thrown out, but I'll see.  Having my speedo checked out again is definitely a good idea.  I may have been going 72-73, but definitely not 80.  Since then I have drastically slown down (I now constantly go 5 under the limit), since I see how crooked some police are getting these days.  This leaves a bad taste in my mouth since I used to be an MP in the Navy (now in the Marine Corps).  I don't remember the cop ever stating that he got me on radar, but he sure did imply it.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
JDAwg1080 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2004 at 4:25 PM / IP Logged  
That is crap dude We're you on an interstate? If you we're than you shouldn't have been pulled over for 10 over, sh*t dude i see soccer moms goin 20-30 over the limit and the cop must have just gettin his quota for the month like pimpincavy said
A hooker made a crack about me being faster than a speeding bullet so I ripped her in half like a phone book
Master Asylum 
Silver - Posts: 400
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2004 at 7:40 AM / IP Logged  

Ok concerning the speedometer, that's about worthless in court. MAYBE to somewhat testify that you weren't going(This is more of a self reassurance) as fast as the po said. But the courts don't give a crap, you're 100% responsible for the efficiency and running condition of your own vehicle. FYI

Cops aren't always corrupt, I get away with 10 over in Southwestern ohio Interstates all the time.

The quota thing, VERY RARILY, if the actual reason for a cop to pulling you over. Now maybe in Texas where they are like all family, things might be different, but there are quite a bit of similarities I've seen in Texan generalizations to my town, and I've had a local PD let me got 15 over in a neighboorhood by a high school on the last day of school.

The texas ticket might be fightable, but good luck. Where do you live? If you live in Texas, the drive might not be so bad, if you live elsewhere, your time/gas/mileage isn't really worth the damage (especially if you got attorney.)

1998 Monte Carlo w/
Eclipse CD8454
2xRockford 5.25" Power 2-way T152C
2xRockford 6"x9" Punch 3-way FRC4369
1xMemphis 16-MCH1300 5-channel
2xKicker 12" L5 Solobaric-2 Ohm
swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2004 at 1:31 PM / IP Logged  
My speedometer was off, my car was, in a car crash and it thew it off by 15 mph. i had it check out and took that to the court and judge thew it out.
As for quotas, most places dont have them. What they do look at is say an officer wrote 100 tickets for this mounth and next mounth only wrote 60, his boss ask why, they try and kept it close.
s7726 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2004 at 2:57 PM / IP Logged  

I'm a server in a restaurant. I don't have a certain number as far as sales that i'm supposed to hit, but when i get it up there it definetly shows for some bragging rights.

A quota isn't always something your boss sets.

Gavin
SWEDISH RICE!
Carbonb 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2004 at 1:53 AM / IP Logged  
I live in Dallas too. I'd say not to pay the ticket in Arizona.
I mean who cares, what's the chance you'll get pulled over again in that city anytime soon? Let it go to a warrant. Then in the Texas one the judges I have had are lenient.
So just fight it and the judge will usually throw it out.
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 24, 2004 at 9:06 AM / IP Logged  
Carbomb- you're not a terrorist are you?  J/K.  No, but seriously, most states work in conjunction, so eventually a ticket in another state will show up on your record, and your license could get taken away.  Then if you ever get pulled over again, you'd probably get put in a jail cell for a while.  I've taken care of both of them, it would be irresponsible of me if I didn't.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
LBingman 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2004 at 9:57 AM / IP Logged  

I am a cop in Pennsylvania.  I've been doing it for about five years.  All I got to say is that I just have to laugh at how people think they can beat a ticket.  I'm never offended at people trying to fight a ticket, it's their right.  Of course, they hardly ever win.  As long as all the T's are crossed and I's are dotted, you're not going to beat it.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic