icon

Starvision DVD-50T Power Problem!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bccone 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2004 at 6:44 AM / IP Logged  

We suddenly lost power to our DVD player we installed and so I pulled everything back out to check my power supply and it's all good going to what Starvision calls the choke (small plastic cover with a 250v fuse in it that is still good and a few other items on this board.  It's about 2"x2" in size and is inline between power source and the DVD player).  Anyway, I've got power coming into this thing but none coming out and I believe the board either shorted out or just went to the bad.  The instructions said to pull power for the player directly off the battery which we did.  My question is this.  Can I bypass this choke and  do I need to change my power supply to be safe?  I don't know much about what this "choke" does and Starvision didn't offer up much either.  The unit came with a cigarette lighter power source plug that I can use and there is no such "choke" in line here but is there any need for me to pull out everything I've wired and re-do it  just bypass the choke.  Bypassing the choke with the my existing wiring would be the easiest thing to do but I want to make sure that I'm ont going to burn up the DVD player.  Thank you for any informatino and help! 

dxav 
Silver - Posts: 314
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2004 at 12:29 PM / IP Logged  
It may regulate the power coming into the board. If the unit required 6.0V, persay, then the board would adjust the voltage down from 12.0V. See if the instructions tell you then input voltage into the player.
DXAV

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic