icon

Help with bypassing Bose Amp!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Krayzie81 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2004 at 11:06 PM / IP Logged  

I just had acouple of questions about bypassing the factory bose amp in a 2000 Acura RL. Right now I have the sub and sub amp hooked up to an aftermarket deck.  The interior speakers are still running off the factory bose amp.  What I want to do is add a 4 channel amp and replace the interior speakers.  Can I just cut the wires running to the factory amp and use those to power to new speakers?  I really dont want to run all new wire if I dont have too.  Thanks.

jazzcustom131 
Copper - Posts: 175
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2004 at 11:59 PM / IP Logged  
If you're gonna be hooking up a new amp, you wanna run out of your rca jacks to the amp. Yes you will need to sever the factory connections, but do it on your wire harness incase you ever sell the car. If I am interpreting your wants correctly, you're gonna have to run the new wires,besides, I wouldn't trust factory wiring, cause you never know what drunk machine put it in thereHelp with bypassing Bose Amp! -- posted image.. If you already have rca wires goin to the factory bose amp, them just uuplug them and replug them in your new amp. Other wise, new wires are the ticket.
diabloscope 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2004 at 1:38 AM / IP Logged  
???  Factory bose amps do not have any rca's  LoL  Jazz Lay off the sauce!!!!!   JK.    first off  are youn going to use the factory head unit ? the amp just might be in the head unit itself , cause i dont remember if it has an external amp , if so it  is for the factory sub / if it has one . You can check this by  poping your wires on the harness somtimes the honda /acura wires are twisted on either side of plug  , so test first ! ! ! ! !  if you are going to use factory h/u  you are going to need a high /low level converter  .  good luck
diabloscope 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2004 at 1:42 AM / IP Logged  
LOL  jazz Lay Off  The Sauce! ! ! !  factory amps do not have rca's might be in H/U If you are going to use H/U you need high /low level converter
diabloscope 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2004 at 1:45 AM / IP Logged  
LOL  jazz Lay Off  The Sauce! ! ! !  factory amps do not have rca's might be in H/U If you are going to use H/U you need high /low level converter
diabloscope 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2004 at 1:47 AM / IP Logged  
oop's sorry didnt think they posted right   sorry ! ! ! ! ! !
Krayzie81 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2004 at 1:57 PM / IP Logged  
I have an aftermarket deck that Im using.  Its the Kenwood Exceleon 7015. I already have all the rca's running into the back.  And yes, the bose system has a seperate amp thats mounted in the trunk.  I just wanna know if i can use those speaker wires that are mounted to the bose amp and just run them to a new amp that will power the interiors.  THanks.
Teamrf 
Gold - Posts: 1,031
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2004 at 1:58 PM / IP Logged  
A re-wire my be your best bet. With a re-wire you are using brand new wires...and don't have to worry about those smaller cheap wires from the factory.
~The Rookie~
Rookie of the year that is...
Don't let the smoke out of your equiptment..it doesn't go back in.
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2004 at 2:15 PM / IP Logged  
it is best to use new wires, but if you do want to use the wires at the amp, your have to find the ourput wires and disconnect them from the amp, and run your new wires from the new amp to them
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
jjclark15 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2004 at 4:34 PM / IP Logged  
Make Sure the stock speakers are a 4ohm speaker if I am correct most new bose factory are running 1 ohm so if they are you might need to rewire so the amp receives a 4 ohm load no lower.
jj
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic