icon

Help with bypassing Bose Amp!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
civic_dreams 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2004 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged  
your best bet man, is to re-wire....its goin to take ya sometime, and trust me i know running wires in a honda or acura is no fun....but to get the best sound and the least amount of engine whine, your going to need to run new wires in the door.....the amp can be bypassed by being unpluged from the amp thats in the trun and just jumping your wires, but everytime i have done that in the acura's i have got bad whine....even running the power and speaker wire on seperate sides like your supposed to......thats just my opinion
colombianitoxp 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2004 at 11:56 AM / IP Logged  
For the most part, the BOSE systems Head Unit do not have a built in amplifier in them,like most other units, that is why they have an external amp, usually to each speaker or one central amp, so if you decide to use the factory head unit, you will still receive no sound from the head unit. Even if you do get an amplified signal from the head unit, you will most likely damage the head unit because of the Impedence of the aftermarket speakers, and it will not supply enough power to the load. So like everyone else said RE WIRE and use ground loop isolaters to get rid of the annoying engine noise.
dedlyjedly 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2004 at 12:29 PM / IP Logged  

man, im jealous of that excelon 7015! anyhow, since youre using a high end aftermarket a/v headunit, bypassing the amp, and upgrading the speakers you shouldn't have any ground loops or alternator whine, assuming you used good install technique. anyways, a ground loop isolator is a band-aid on a flesh wound approach to any noise problem. 

MECP certified, 5yrs experience, you probably otta listen bitch!!
Krayzie81 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2004 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks guys for all the help.  I must say the Excelon DDX 7015 is a great headunit for the money.  For only $1000, i love the damn thing.  Once i get a day off from work and its not freezing cold outside Im gonna work on it.  Thanks agian for the help.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic