icon

building a spl car need any & all advice

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sexyvic1 
Copper - Posts: 144
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2004 at 2:57 PM / IP Logged  

buying a mazda 323 1989 hatchback tonight from my neighbor.

i am gonna turn it into a spl car. i will begin work on it in around march.

i am thinking maybe 2 or 4 15's in either a wall or no wall. but also

i am not sure exactly what i want to do yet, so i am up for any suggestions, ideas, and especially....TIPS on building.

if u have secrets that u do not want everyone to know, feel free to email me sexyvic1@aol.com

otherwise please post everything u guys can think of to help me WIN db comps.  :D

thanks so much and let the ideas begin.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 23, 2004 at 4:45 PM / IP Logged  

Just remember...it takes alot of power to make ALOT of power. so juice it up

I have a buddy that has a cut thru mazda PU with 2 digital design 12's in a 9.5 cu.ft. box 2 crossfire 1000 watt class D's  The voltage is bumped up to 16volts. A second alternator and ONE extra battery.......156.2db   2 12's

Check out digitals web site   www.ddaudio.com

/r7 
Silver - Posts: 340
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2004 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged  
first thing i would do is determine your maximum volume, with a certain MDF thickness of MDF, or FG if you are going that route. This will help you determine quantity of subs and the box volume you can use for each sub, or which sub would be better suited for a X amount of subs divided by equal amounts of volume per sub.
if its strickly spl, i would use as much trunk room as possible, and stick the amps in the passanger seating area.
gl and hf
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2004 at 6:12 PM / IP Logged  
Extra battery, Extra alt, 4 15'' MMATS JUGGERNAUTS IN A HUGE WALL ( TAKE OUT BACKSEAT) and BOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM you got yourself an SPL title. Use US Amps amplifiers, as they own the show. SPL equals the following = MMATS or TREO (Juggernauts or CSX).... Its all in your wallet.
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
97Pathy 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2004 at 8:17 PM / IP Logged  
Rip that car apart and brace everything, fill every void and crack with something stiff so theres no flexing, especially big body panels, , heck, in our spl car at work we lines the whole inside of the car with 1/4 plate steel.  The only thing that was weak was the windows.
sexyvic1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2004 at 12:53 PM / IP Logged  

the project is off , looking for a different car, when i took the car on the highway the trans was slipping :o(

anyway thanks for looking at my post and if u guys have any suggestions i am still open to listening and reading them. eventually i will get something to build so i will always comeback to this post and refer to it when i am building my spl car/truck

thanks guys and please continue posting on this topic.

kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2004 at 12:55 PM / IP Logged  

#1 piece of advice if you're actually serious:    Pick the subs, boxes, and amplification the smart way using some enclosure design software.  Throwing 4 15"s in a wall is great but the correct application of those 15"s will make a HUGE difference in the final result.  This goes for SQ and SPL.  I see too many people buy really nice products, but then place them in the wrong enclosure for their goals, run the subwoofer with the wrong amplifier for their goals, or just simply pick the wrong subwoofer to begin with.

New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2004 at 4:08 PM / IP Logged  
I still have my Festiva for sale, It is walled off for (8) 12 inch subs.   There is 10 cu ft per 4 subs.   The box is done, the car is in perfect running condition. the passenger side is in bad shape, was hit by a cadilac, but lived to tell the story.   I filled the car with 2 memphis hc100's and 8 street edge subs and hit a 158 on the term lab.   thats using only $300 worth of sub!     With some better subs and more power it would rock, but I dont have the time to work on it with all the other vehicles that I have right now.   If you would like pictures and such let me know, I would diliver withen 200-300 miles with a little shipping cost,   gas   which the car get 42MPG with the wall in it.     I am asking $400 for it
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
sexyvic1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2004 at 4:22 PM / IP Logged  

jeffchilcott wrote:
I still have my Festiva for sale, It is walled off for (8) 12 inch subs.   There is 10 cu ft per 4 subs.   The box is done, the car is in perfect running condition. the passenger side is in bad shape, was hit by a cadilac, but lived to tell the story.   I filled the car with 2 memphis hc100's and 8 street edge subs and hit a 158 on the term lab.   thats using only $300 worth of sub!     With some better subs and more power it would rock, but I dont have the time to work on it with all the other vehicles that I have right now.   If you would like pictures and such let me know, I would diliver withen 200-300 miles with a little shipping cost,   gas   which the car get 42MPG with the wall in it.     I am asking $400 for it

where do u live i am in NewYork City. is the car stick or automatic? can u email me some pics? thanks buddy.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic