Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
/r7 
Silver - Posts: 340
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2004 at 12:29 AM / IP Logged  
reading up a little more on damping factor, i found a site
http://www.classic-audio.com/marantz/mdampingfactor.html
In it the author points out that when you get into hign-end speakers are one of the components of a system that adds color to the music they reproduce, which when you run into high end speakers you shouldnt run into a problem with the speaker, it should sound nice in any case.
Recently i've taken note on a lot of people asking about the best set of speakers and when they decide that, the amp they match the speakers to, really doesnt allow the speakers to run at their peak potential, SQ wise.
my question is, do you think, or do you find people pay too much attention to brand name speakers VS the amps they power. this is specifically directed at midbass, components, tweeters and such.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 24, 2004 at 1:35 AM / IP Logged  

The music will only sound as good as the weekest componant. Pay too much attention to all of the peices, not just one of them.....

But, you are correct. Most people do pay tooooo much attention to NAME BRAND speakers.  They seem to think that if I get great speakers my system will sound awsome.

overworked 
Copper - Posts: 133
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2004 at 6:50 AM / IP Logged  
*nods with KarTuneMan* aint nothing like showing the wannabe groundpounders up with a pair of cheap 12's in the correct size box instead of a prefab and blowing them away eh? and with only half the power (not that half the power means much, but it does to them!)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic