04 cavalier remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
scott565 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2004 at 3:16 PM / IP Logged  

well everyone I really need your help now

heres my problems.  I cant get the gosh darn thing programmed.  since I couldnt get it programmed on the first try I had to keep disconnecting the battery. till I heard a poof noise. so I connected the batt.  hoped in the car started it ( with the key ) to see if everything was ok...well I found out the radio isnt working ( doesnt show the time, the red sercurty light doesnt even flash ) I checked all the fuses and nothing!

and another thing.   she has a manaul, how can I make a neutral safty switch so it will start without the clutch compressed?

thanx

stang351w 
Silver - Posts: 350
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2004 at 7:13 PM / IP Logged  

well...can't help ya with the remote start prob but  i can help ya with the clutch,  if it's got two wires that have to connect rather then a wire straight off the starter curcuit you need a relay, put the 85 pin to ground out when running wire

86 pin to + when cranking wire

30 pin goes to one of the clutch wires

and 87 pin goes to the other clutch wire

if the wire going to the clutch is the same as the starter wire then just run the starter wire from the remote start unit to the starter side of the clutch switch

scott565 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2004 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged  

not to sound like a retard or anything. but can you draw a diagram of thta please?

and what do u mean by ( 86 pin to + when cranking wire ) ( when cranking? )

and what do u mean by ( 85 pin to ground out when running wire ) will any ground work?  or what.

sorry, like I said I am new to this.  and are all relays the same?  like a 4 prong relay?

Craig3708 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged  

Pin 86 goes to the start wire (+12v when cranking)

Pin 85 goes to the ground out when running wire on the r/s. You can use a for prong or a five prong rely. If you use a five prong, dont use pin 87A.

Craig. 

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic