icon

phoenix gold titanium elite components

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dedlyjedly 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2004 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged  

hell...since components are the hot topic right now, lets continue!

i am currently seeking a high-end component set.  i am familiar with a lot of the marquee names like rainbow, morel, mb quart, cadence, and on, and on, and on (im sure)!

the amp i have already acquired and plan to use on the component set is a phoenix golt ti600.2 which can do 300rms per channel @ 2 ohm stereo. because of my familiarity w/ the line, i have considered and auditioned the pg ti 5" elite components. in the demo board, on the aforementioned amp, they sounded wonderful, although i might attenuate the tweeter a bit.  i know that pg makes a 3 way system that adds a 9" mid, and that a lot of other manufacturers do 3-way systems, and i may even consider these. (my fiberglassing could use some practice!)

i can get the ti elite's for around $250, and although i am after a set of stereo components that will make my jaw drop i am not one to ignore monetary value!

i would appreciate any recommendations on the matter from serious audio junkies! but please only make recommendations from personal experience!

oh, and one last thing, thanks ahead-of-time for the rec. on the nak comps uthinkukno, ill have to look into those

MECP certified, 5yrs experience, you probably otta listen bitch!!
dedlyjedly 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2004 at 12:12 PM / IP Logged  
come on now guys, i have recieved advise from several people on this forum that seemed to know exactly what was going on in the business.  any further advice would be much appreciated.
Francious70 
Silver - Posts: 629
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2004 at 2:30 PM / IP Logged  
Those are a great set of comps you got there. PG's elite 6" comes with the 9" midbass. That's not a bad seal on those either, I think they're not made anymore. So go with them if you like them, you won't be dissapointed.
Paul
dedlyjedly 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 5:20 PM / IP Logged  

has anyone out there listened to the ti elite components. i would really appreciate any head-to-head comparisons with some other super high end components!

thanks, jed

vinspo 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  

I am currently using Diamond Audio Hex series components and am very pleased with the sound. Would highly recommend these. In Febuary at the CES show they are introducing a TDX component set which is rumored to be better than the Hex. They are a little spendy unless you buy from E-Bay.

uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  
the TI components are great. I listened to them, they are very clear and produce most sound frequency's well without distorting. Of course their are always better. I own two pairs of Cadence CVL-6K's and couldn't be more happy with them. They are wonderful speakers. Also take a look at focal utopia's, CDT's Euro and HD series, MMATS comps, and Nak has some good comps, the SP-S6500. (I know its nakamichi but its great!!!!!!). I have heard all of these but the best in my opinion runs between the Euro's and the CVL's. They are great! One's cheaper than the other, but let your ears decide for your wallet.
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
/r7 
Silver - Posts: 340
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 10:45 PM / IP Logged  
i have a set of 5 1/4 Ti Elites in the front. and aside from being too loud for my precious ears to handle (well almost too loud >:) ), they are quite a great product. i agree you may have to adjust the highs. but my only dissapointment in the purchase was not getting the 6 1/2 i could have really appreciated the added bass they would have given. or at least put your 5's in kick pods i notice the bass sounding flat at head hieght, but as soon as you stick your head between the 2 speakers the bass becomes more apparent.
you wont be disapointed. im pushing 50watts to them and they havent shown signs of distortion.
fastev 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 11:20 PM / IP Logged  
It was a hard choice for me between the 6.5 Ti Elite's and the Focal K2P 6.5's.  I ended up with the Focals.  I'm using the same amp you've got and I couldn't be happier.  I've always been a huge fan of PG, and am still using a Ti sub amp and Xenon subs.  I had wanted to stay all PG, but I liked the Focal tweets better.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic