icon

1996 Chevrolet Truck Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mputnam 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 10:46 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 1996 Chevrolet Truck and i just purchased a AST 1250 LR-AM remote start keyless entry system. I have been reserching several websites on how to install this system. i have looked at several wiring diagrams and i have a basic understanding on how to wire this thing up. However, my truck has 3 ingntion wires, pink white and brown, and all of them require power to remote start the vehicle. My remote start system however only offers 2 ingnition wires. From the wiring diagrams on this site i know that the pink wire is the primary wire so it should go to ignition wire one from the remote start module but what about the other two wires? Should i make a jumper and power bothe of them with the ignition 2 wire from the remote start module? Or is there another better way to do this? Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

mike

theronsmith 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 10:56 PM / IP Logged  
I have never hooked up the brown wire. It is not needed. As long as you have a two ign. wires from your remote starter and you power up the white and pink you will be fine. If you ever try to install a remote start that only has only one ign. out you have to build a relay that uses your ground out when running from the starter to power up the 2nd ign. Peace.
chevy II
mputnam 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 11:02 PM / IP Logged  

i read somewhere that the brown wire controls power to the HVAC controls. Will this affect the function of the heater or AC when the truck is remote started?

mike

mobile1 
Silver - Posts: 479
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 12:54 AM / IP Logged  
You need to also make sure you power the ignitions in the correct order.  pink is your 1st ignition and white is your 2nd. If they are not powered up in this order, you may have transmission problems.
theronsmith 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 12:59 AM / IP Logged  
I havent in my 100's of chev trucks hooked up the brown wire.
chevy II
biker8018 
Copper - Posts: 46
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 1:37 AM / IP Logged  
brown wire is not needed for a remote start
mputnam 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 11:03 PM / IP Logged  
One more question guys....I need to know about the door locks on my truck. The truck came with factory keyless entry and i need to know if  i need to use relays to change the polarity of the votage to negative?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic