icon

alpine type x 12s vs w7s vs 9500s

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tnelson 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2005 at 9:44 AM / IP Logged  
this has been a very interesting topic..everyone seems to have very valid points..and I respect everyone's views...as someone stated earlier..we are all going to have different opinions ...that's what so good about forums.. I may try the w7's or elipsee's sub... I want "a sq sub that can get loud" The type x's get loud..but only @ certain freqs..I want a pretty well rounded sq sub. the sound waves from the type x's on a 20-30 hz bass line hurts my face!!
~AFAccord~ 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2005 at 2:32 PM / IP Logged  

Wow! the has been an interesting topic.  I have another question to introduce.  I currently have a Premier TS-W5000SPL.  The big daddy.  This sub has done what I've asked of it and more. (shredding records and taking beatings while maintaining very admirable composure)  Though I think I am ready to sell and look for an even more SQL friendly sub.  I want to stay with  a single 12.  My research thus far has led me to the following conclusions. 

-JL 13W7 = The BMW of subs, expensive, but you get top of the line luxury and performance.

-MTX 9500 = Made for SPL, advertise SQ, but I highly disbelieve the SQ claims.

-Eclipse = Evidently well rounded, but I'm not sure I've had enought experience with them to gain my trust.

and last but not least...

-Adire Audio Brahma = Many records I've set with Adire (before they became known with car audio)  I put them right   up beside JL, but I want reassurance that their Brahma's SQ equals or surpasses JL's W7. 

For the time being, I am looking to size up the 13W7 vs Brahma 12.  I do belive the brahma will post higher numbers, but that means nothing if it doesn't sound good doing it.  Any advice that might sway my favor to one or the other?  Thanks in Advance.

Black Cherry
"Experience is something you never get until just after you need it."
Paradigm 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2005 at 2:53 PM / IP Logged  
I think Steven can help you out on the Adire side of things, AFAccord. The Brahma and the W7 are comparable, one costs less than the other; otherwise there is little to no difference (so I've heard) in sound. Since I've not heard a Brahma before, I can only speak for the JL Audio side of it and tell you that if your budget allows, you may like the W7. Best thing you can do is go to a dealer and listen to one, and ask them questions on setup and such, so if you do decide to purchase one, you will already be ahead of the game on the installation-knowledge part of it. Hope this has helped.
VEHICLE: 2002 GMC Sonoma ZR2
Alpine CDA-7940
AudioControl EQT x2
JL Audio 1000/1
JL Audio 10W6 (originals) x3
Kicker ZR120
Kicker ZR460
Polk GXR-6 x4
Polk GXR-4 x2
Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2005 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  

Lets not forget about RE XXX and IDMAX.

On the topic JL=money, When compared to RE XXX, Adires brahma, and image dynamics IDMAX; The sound you get from the other three is better if anything equal that the w7, for the money.

Dont get me wrong, JL makes some fine quality products.  And so does RE, Image Dynamics, Adire Audio, TRU technologys...etc.  It all depends on the listeners ear. 

I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
tnelson 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2005 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  
"-JL 13W7 = The BMW of subs, expensive, but you get top of the line luxury and performance." I did think about a set of those..wasn't sure how my amp would drive it however
~AFAccord~ 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2005 at 9:28 AM / IP Logged  

Is it the general concensus that one 12" Brahma would have higher output than one 13W7?  I realize that the SQ comparison is a toss-up for listener's preference, but wasn't the Brahma designed with more output in mind?  Thanks for all the info.

Black Cherry
"Experience is something you never get until just after you need it."
Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic