icon

Quality of MTX 1501D

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
maaudio1 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2005 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged  
If your taking bids, I'll remove my previous statement. The amp sux, I'll give you $176.Quality of MTX 1501D - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
2004 Mazda 3s Hatchback
2- MTX 4500 8" subs powered by MTX 251D
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2005 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  
THAT AMP IS HORRIBLE, i've give you no more than 5c...plus $176.96 ... HA! I'm in the lead for a bad amp!
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
audiobass10 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2005 at 10:44 PM / IP Logged  

$200 shipped..I am in no way trying to manipluate him. Just trying to steer him away from inferior products. you could take the $200 i give you for the 1501 and buy 2 1200 watt Sony Explode amps. that's 2400 watts!!! Man i'm an idiot for giving you such a deal.

Dave
Pioneer Premier DEH-P660
15" Kicker CVR
Profile AP1000M
It's Loud
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2005 at 10:51 PM / IP Logged  
Amazing how quickly some of these posts get side tracked:)
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
~AFAccord~ 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2005 at 1:02 AM / IP Logged  

As I first stated, this amp was purchased as a replacement for an emergency only.  I am not using it. And  Dave....  THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL I WILL HAVE ANYTHING IN MY CAR MADE BY SONY!!!!!!!  I'm not that ignorant in audio electronics, I am just ignorant about MTX's amplifiers.  I have 6 state records to hold that up, and I plan to make many more when I return to the USA.

Here's my setup I am running now, just for reference.  The 1501 was a temporary replacement for the MX-5000 in the pic below.  I might consider selling this amp if i absolutely can't find any other purpose for it, but at this time, I'm not willing to accept the loss from what i paid for it.

Quality of MTX 1501D - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

Black Cherry
"Experience is something you never get until just after you need it."
audiobass10 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2005 at 12:19 PM / IP Logged  

"THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL I WILL HAVE ANYTHING IN MY CAR MADE BY SONY!!!!!!!  I'm not that ignorant in audio electronics, I am just ignorant about MTX's amplifiers.  I have 6 state records to hold that up, and I plan to make many more when I return to the USA."

Wasn't questioning your knowledge of car audio at all. Just messin with ya. As for Sony...they did make some good amps a while back that I wouldn't mind having.

Dave
Pioneer Premier DEH-P660
15" Kicker CVR
Profile AP1000M
It's Loud
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2005 at 2:49 PM / IP Logged  
Sony used to make a huge mobile ES amp that alot of people have never even seen, the were something rediculous like 4000 or 6000 watts RMS of real legit power. The were about the size of a coffee table top and hade 2 1/0 inputs for power and 2 1/0 for ground. They had I think 4 gauge speaker terminals. They were simply sick.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
audiobass10 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2005 at 3:21 PM / IP Logged  
Yep^The mobile series..I couldn't remember what they were called..I want one.
Dave
Pioneer Premier DEH-P660
15" Kicker CVR
Profile AP1000M
It's Loud
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic