icon

Rockford is just dumb

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
promodeepcycle 
Copper - Posts: 152
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2005 at 10:37 AM / IP Logged  
No brand bashing here, BUT I would take a punch60Dsm over a new 5002 anyday. PERIOD
dont be a pet monkey ..use your dmm
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2005 at 10:56 AM / IP Logged  
It's not uncommon for manufacturer-sponsored "comparisons" or "tests" to be biased so that they show exactly what they want them to show.  This is especially true for large commercial companies like RF.  Government tests are often biased the same way.  Independent labs offer tests that are usually much more meaningful.
Support the12volt.com
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2005 at 1:25 PM / IP Logged  

The person who wrote that their 1200 watt amp was putting out 400 watts in real life was probobly reading the maximum power rating...

I feel that RF still makes quality equipment even though they have grown alot since they produced their older amps.

By the way, I dont know if anyone has mentioned it already but, RF is producing "limited edition" old school punch amps it looks like also. http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/press/assets/2005_RF_25toLIFE_amps.pdf

forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2005 at 1:57 PM / IP Logged  

Meh....too much to say and not enough time to say it in.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
supradude 
Silver - Posts: 915
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2005 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  
Their subs still sound good. I think they have done like Orion and a lot of other companies and started trying to sort of mislead people on the power of their amps. They are definitly not bad as Sony, Audiobahn, etc.
'85 Toy
wheelerdr 
Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2005 at 11:35 PM / IP Logged  
I have not use their amp in about 4 years but I still stan by their subs, yes rickford makes some bottom line stuff to. but if they didn't there is alot of people that could not afford the rf name and would seek else where, this is their way of getting into the lower income level.a lot of companies make lower level as well as quality products that cost, but with the comp. now days you have to get to some of the lower class to make money.i started out very poor and i new some people that were well off, did they want systems not to many of them, but all of that were considered poor were always putting systems together. and if there were no compainies i could afford i would have been sol.
wheelerdr 
Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2005 at 6:26 AM / IP Logged  
I just ordered a hole new line of rf products have any question give me a pm and i will give specs, i do sell amps but have not benched them in a while, I work by a colledge campuse and most of my customers cannot afford to much, they usually buy eclips or kenwood, I used to sell planet audio, and memphis but customer service seems to have gone down hill. sorry for last post just went off a little
petergozinya 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2005 at 7:30 PM / IP Logged  

I geuss mostly my biased opinion on RF came from the atitudes of people using thier products claiming insane statement's like there is nothing beter. I saw alot of kid's droppin $2 grand on RF but they couln't touch my 18in earthquake($100) ppi amp ($200) linear power amp to macrom componet's($200)

you could hear me coming 1/2 mile away and it still sounding good in the cabin. yes i agree RF has a vast model range. old memories i geuss.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic