icon

Boa 265B Remote Start & Keyless Entry

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chipvie 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2005 at 1:09 PM / IP Logged  

Last night I successfully install a BOA 265B remote start end keyless entry system on my 1993 Plymouth Grand Voyager... and everything works fine... but there is odd bug in the system.

After I remote stert the vehicle, about 10 seconds pass and then the parking lights AND the DASH lights flash !

If I turn on the parking lights, they stop flashing and so do the dash lights.  

Other than this.. everything works great :) Any help would be much appreciated !

Bnluis 
Silver - Posts: 578
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2005 at 2:58 PM / IP Logged  
 That unit supposed to flash the parking light unless it is programmed to no steady.
Luis
Sound Waves
Is up to the installer to test all wires with a DMM whenever possible.
chipvie 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2005 at 4:34 PM / IP Logged  

BNLUIS wrote:
 That unit supposed to flash the parking light unless it is programmed to no steady.

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I probably didn't describe what is happening very well. After I remote start the vehicle, the flashers and the dash lights will begin to flash- about 10 seconds after the vehicle has started. They  continue to flash indefinitely. Even if I get in the vehicle and insert the key and drive away.  The only way to get them to stop flashing is to shut down the vehicle and start it with the key, or turn on the parking lights.

Besides this... everything works pefectly- the lights flash properly when I remote start it, or use the keyless entry system.

Thanks again for your help :)

mbenzw203 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2005 at 2:31 AM / IP Logged  
chipvie wrote:

BNLUIS wrote:

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I probably didn't describe what is happening very well. After I remote start the vehicle, the flashers and the dash lights will begin to flash- about 10 seconds after the vehicle has started. They  continue to flash indefinitely. Even if I get in the vehicle and insert the key and drive away.  The only way to get them to stop flashing is to shut down the vehicle and start it with the key, or turn on the parking lights.

Besides this... everything works pefectly- the lights flash properly when I remote start it, or use the keyless entry system.

Thanks again for your help :)

sounds the remote starter is still active. did you hook up the brake kill switch? when you press the brake, the remote starter turns off.

Kenny214 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2005 at 12:49 PM / IP Logged  

Hey, when you guys install the module, there are 6 thick wires not in a harness format, what color goes into which terminal? I can't find it anywhere! There's two red ones, an orange one, two pink ones(one with a white stripe), and a purple one. Let me know!

Ken

bigdaddy96 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2005 at 4:20 PM / IP Logged  
The brown wire on the BOA is not connected to the proper wire at the brake pedal.  If that wire does not see 12 volts when the brake is pressed, the RS will not shut down.  As for the heavy guage wires, refer to page 56 for the wiring guide.
bigdaddy96 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2005 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged  
The brown wire on the BOA is not connected to the proper wire at the brake pedal.  If that wire does not see 12 volts when the brake is pressed, the RS will not shut down.  As for the heavy guage wires, refer to page 56 for the wiring guide.  The lights are supposed to flash and they are not programmable to steady illumination.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic