icon

Aiming kicks and Digital Time correction

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
deocder 
Copper - Posts: 138
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2005 at 1:26 PM / IP Logged  
When desiging kick panel speaker pods, how critical is the alignment/aiming when Digital Time Correction is a feature of the Head Unit.
From what I gather, the alignment of the kick panel speakers are supposed to equalize the sound path to the ear. In other words, the left speaker set is supposed to be aimed at the passenger head rest whereas the right speaker set is supposed to be aimed at the driver side head rest. The driver's side would then get the off-axis signal from the right pod and the on-axis signal from the left pod and vice-versa for the passenger.
Is Digital Time Correction necessary in such a situation? Would it be utilized to correct for a flaw in the design such as improper firing angles? Would the design be different if digital time correction was taken into account from the beginning?
aggie altima 
Silver - Posts: 298
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2005 at 7:04 PM / IP Logged  
In my humble opinion, if you were to use digital time correction, there is no point in using kickpanels. The time correction sets a spot where the listening will be best, whereas kick panels are intended to equalize the distance between the speakers and both listeners in the front, so the sound will be equally good in either seat.
Jon
Don't like rockford subs? Then don't look at my car =)
deocder 
Copper - Posts: 138
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2005 at 3:22 PM / IP Logged  
Okay, that seems to make sense. Now, I will also be using door mounted speakers for my mid-bass. Would the time correction be beneficial for these?
aggie altima 
Silver - Posts: 298
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2005 at 6:23 PM / IP Logged  
If you only care about how it sounds to you in the driver's seat, and no other passengers, then yes, it would be beneficial.
Jon
Don't like rockford subs? Then don't look at my car =)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic