TS-W305C good sub ?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mrdragon 
Copper - Posts: 121
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2005 at 7:10 AM / IP Logged  
Hi guys,
Can someone tell me whether Pioneer TS-W305C is a good sub or not?? here is the specs...
Size:              12"
Nominal Power:     400W
Max Music Power : 800W
Nominal Impedance: 4 Ohms
Sensitivity:        89dB/W
Frequency Response: 18-2,000Hz
Magnet Weight:      2.350g
Displacement:       0.083cuft
Revc:               3.0
Lecv (mH):          2.107
Fs (Hz) :           32.7
Qms:               15.095
Qes:               0.348
Qts:               0.340
Vas:               1.817
Rms:               1.875
Mms (g):            138.20
Cms (m/N):          1.717x10-4
Diam:               9.5
BL:                 15.988
Xmax:               0.36
methinfinity 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2005 at 8:33 AM / IP Logged  
Depends whut you are expecting from the sub though. Go a Kicker CVR. Maybe a little more expensive but a lot better than 305C (in my opinion). Also whut amp do u have to drive sub/s?(CVR's are dual voice coil)
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2005 at 10:17 AM / IP Logged  
Personally I think the sub is a very good inexpensive sub and I would use it over just about anything else in its price range. I never thought I would say that about a pioneer driver before:) Oviously you can get better but you have to spend more money to do it. Good sub, good price.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
mrdragon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2005 at 1:15 PM / IP Logged  
Ravendarat which one of those subs would u choose....from most expensive to least expensive
1.JL Audio 12w3v2
2.Kicker CompVR
3.Pioneer 305C
The price b/w the CompVR and the 305C is $100 AU Dollars diff, is there a big diff b/w the CompVR and the 305C????
I just want to get a sub that i won't regret, not like last time :(
Ravendarat 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2005 at 1:58 PM / IP Logged  
I think you need to tell me a little more. What was our last sub, what are you expecting, what kinda music do you listen to, what kinda amp do you have to push the sub. what size of box are you gonna use, is it sealed or ported, what kinda car do you have and what kinda speakers do you have in your car to go with them.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
mrdragon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2005 at 2:09 PM / IP Logged  
The last sub i got is 2 12" Kicker EX 125RMS each @ 4 Ohms.
I like R&B, a bit of techno, well atm i thinking of pushing it with my 2 channels amp BRIDGED 150RMS BUT i will get a 2 channel am in the future which can push 500RMS when BRIDGED.The size will be b/w 1.75 - 2.5 cu ft, i prefer ported. My car is a GEN3 Camry.
Panasonic H/U with MP3 & WMA
Running 4" front speaker and i already told u about my amp, also i got Pioneer 6x9 in the rear as well.
Ravendarat i really got tempted by the 305C, just wondering will there be any BIG did b/w JL Audio and 305C or CompVR???
I am in Australia i can get 305C for $AU 140
CompVR for $AU 250 it's on special and for JL Audio i don't know the price BUT i think it's not going to be cheap!!
Thanks for your help!
Ravendarat 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2005 at 2:17 PM / IP Logged  
Well I run 4 305s in a ported wall. thats chambered to 2.2 cubic feet and tuned to aout 27 hz. I am in the process of changing everything out but its because I am going to a single brand system for sales purposes. Anyways I always liked the sound of the 305's and never had a problem with them. They sound good at their price range and are above average loud in their class. Will the JL sound better, probally, will they be louder, probally, will you get enough of a difference considering what the price difference is gonna be, I seriously doubt it but thats just my opinion. And as for the difference between the pioneer and the kicker. Again proballly not enough to make it worth while. Does the store you are buying from have a return or exchange policy. If they do start out with the pioneer and if you like them then great if not then go and upgrade to soething else till you get what you want.
mrdragon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2005 at 3:16 PM / IP Logged  
Ravendarat just last question is Kicker CompVR good for SQ????
From your opinion would you pay a bit more for the CompVR??? i rather get something that is decent, got sick of changing all the times !
97Avalonxls 
Copper - Posts: 115
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2005 at 3:40 PM / IP Logged  
I like my CVR's a lot, however, they are not sq subs, I run mine in a slightly undersized sealed box and they do sound very good, but not like a brahma or w7. I still would recommend that you get the CVR, great for the bucks
petergozinya 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2005 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged  

I've made out like a bandit on e-bay . seriously...$500 headunit's for $ 150 buck's $1000 sub's for $450 BRAND NEW !!! NO JOKING ! It's a time investment, you have to look hard..& be carfull..look at there selling habit's! You could find a real good sub (not knocking,just sayin) we need to know if you want to knock off your rearview and feel numb..or do you want a sub that hit's hard and fast (ALMOST SEEM'S LIKE I ASK GIRL'S THAT SAME QUESTION)............ANYWHO...what kind of amp did you have in mind?Has a whole lot to do with the sub..stick around and i bet we can whip up something good!TS-W305C good sub ? - Last Post -- posted image.

Thad

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic