icon

trying to decide on sub

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2005 at 12:28 PM / IP Logged  
RE subs are one of the bigs one for SPL competitions. MMATS are also very impressive in both SPL and SQ. The Juggernaut is amazing, but they are also quite expensive. i think they sell them over at woofersetc.com.
audiobass10 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2005 at 1:23 PM / IP Logged  

Mmats are way too expensive for many people..especially those on a budget. Id suggest going with Dual SX 12's or 15's..whatever your budget fits. The SX's will probably get just as loud as the XXX's, but wouldn't have quite the sq the XXX maintains. If you can afford just one sub, go with a single SX18 or 15 in a very large ported box. That would be perfect for competitions and daily use. IMO strict SPL subs aren't the best for daily use..its when you find that mixture of both great spl and sq that makes a good daily driver..and should be perfect for local comps.

Dave
Pioneer Premier DEH-P660
15" Kicker CVR
Profile AP1000M
It's Loud
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2005 at 3:53 PM / IP Logged  
Nevertheless, MMATS in undeniably one of the best audio companies out there, making very efficient and strong audio products available. The SQ and SPL numbers they can produce are extraordinary. Dump the Audiobahns and the kickers, and get a pair of P1's, or go get Adire Shivas. By the way, you can buy MMATS on woofersetc.com
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2005 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged  
I really hope you wernt suggeting Rockford P1's? Cause if you were you might want to go get  a catscan. I personally have never had a problem recomending Kicker to anyone. They are kinda power hungry but dont sound that bad and can get real loud. You can go with whatever you want but I would suggest buying locally if possible because if you are doing competion then you are gonna be really pushing your gear and might want to make sure that warrenty isint gonna be a hasstle if you blow one up.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2005 at 8:02 PM / IP Logged  
no, the MMATS P1's. They replaced the MMATS edition of woofers remember? It went MMATS series, Professional Series (Now the P2), Procast Series (P3), Dreadnaught series (Little less beef than Juggs) and finally Juggernauts. The P1's are great, dont' require a lot of power, and blast. I highly recommend any MMATS products.
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic