icon

Remote Starter for 2 vehicles

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nadeemr 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2005 at 10:11 PM / IP Logged  

I heard from someone that Prestige 996C is capable for starting 2 different vehicles. Is it true? I understand that it comes with one normal four button remote and one LCD remote. I have two vehicles and I only want to carry one remote in the keychain (if possible). does anyone know if LCD remote works on2 cars or the other normal remote can work on 2 different cars. and how do you select from the remote which car to start/lock unlock?

Also does anyone knows if any other remote starter have 2 vehicles function?

jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2005 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged  
I bet other units have 2 way transmitters that can control 2 vehicles, but the only one I am aware of that does this is Astrostart (4204, 5204, and 2205). Most other units just have that capability with the 1 way transmitter. But like I said, I am sure other brands have got to have this by now.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
metaverse 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2005 at 11:05 PM / IP Logged  
Well, the scytek remotes do have them..at least the galaxy line does.. it comes with a button on the side of the remote which is kind of a shift function that will change the encryption to the second brain/car for the existing buttons on the remote..
djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2005 at 11:29 PM / IP Logged  
just buy two of the same alarms/ remote starters than program one remote from car number two, to car number ones remote start. trick program the button configs different. than take remote from car number one than program it to car number twos alarm remote start, use the same config you used with car number twos remote. now both people have a remote for both cars.
now make sure you program the other cars remote different in the opposite car so thar no commands will program the other car when they are next to each other.
i think it would be better to use dei products they work very well and are easy to program remotes.
for what you want i have two viper 791s installed in me and my wifes car and i use one remote for both cars. exactly what you want to do, you just have to program the remote from the other systems into the other.
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
brcidd 
Copper - Posts: 274
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2005 at 11:58 AM / IP Logged  
The Crimestopper EZstart 90 has that capability- you can push a switch on the side of the remote and within 3 seconds you have control over second vehicle- and carry only one remote- works great- you can program up to four remotes to each base unit.....
Brcidd - Engineer That Does Remote Starter Installs on the side.
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2005 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged  
I am sure 90% of the product lines out there have the capability to control 2 vehicles, but the question was regarding the 2 way transmitters. I haven't looked for this feature on other brands in the last year, but As of last season, Astrostart is the only unit I am aware of that can control 2 vehicles via the 2 way transmitters.
I made a point of it to research this last year because I thought it was pointless to have the 2 vehicle control feature only available on the one way transmitters since the whole point of getting a 2 way unit is to use the 2 way transmitter.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
ck auto 
Copper - Posts: 257
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2005 at 1:29 PM / IP Logged  
hi the autostart as 2300 will control two car have it controling my truck and wifes van just have to hit shift button and then function i want on other vehicle check www.autostart.ca they show it on the intro page
good luck
kirk

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic