icon

i need to fix this customer’s car

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
CutDog504 
Silver - Posts: 637
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2005 at 11:15 AM / IP Logged  
I was installing a remote start/alarm for a customer, and apparrently I messed something up. His kenwood tv/dvd player no longer works. Apparently when I disconnected the battery, it lost its memory, now its asking for a security code. Customer swears up and down that he knows nothing about any code and that he can barely work the tv, let alone enable a security code. Bottom line is... I need an unlock code for a kenwood KVT-911DVD because this guy is getting pretty irate. The faster the better!! Please help me.!!!
Lizardking 
Copper - Posts: 184
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2005 at 11:18 AM / IP Logged  
Just call Kenwood or a authorized dealer and they will be happy to help you...The Customer had to set the security code because by default its turned off.. So one of two things its stolen of the Customer is lying...
Eclipse "Approaching Perfection"
CutDog504 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2005 at 11:24 AM / IP Logged  
I realize that he must have set the code, thats why I asked him for it. He swears he never put in a code. And I dont think its stolen because it was working when he came in. So either he's lying, or just too dumb to remember.
Lizardking 
Copper - Posts: 184
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2005 at 11:39 AM / IP Logged  
Like I said call Kenwood and they will probably ask whats the serial number and just give it to them.. Have the Customer there to verify its his headunit just in case they ask for the owner... Shouldn't be a big deal!
Eclipse "Approaching Perfection"
promodeepcycle 
Copper - Posts: 152
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2005 at 3:47 AM / IP Logged  
if not kcar is the preset code....
dont be a pet monkey ..use your dmm
gumbi_12 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2005 at 4:35 PM / IP Logged  

Is there a Kenwood service center near you.  They can reset it in a few minutes.  I set my code once and I forgot what it was so I had to go that route..

CutDog504 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2005 at 1:17 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for all your help guys. The owner finally gave me the right code (after I had to dam near pull his teeth out). "oh, well try this code then"... I swear, customers are so ignorant sometimes. I hate it when they dont know their ass from a hole in the ground but they talk to you like YOUR the dumb one. If they knew so much, they wouldnt be paying ME to install their stuff for them! Anyways, its all working fine now.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 14, 2005 at 11:17 AM / IP Logged  
Sound to me like he was looking for....."something for nothing"  you know, you were the last one to touch it, and it worked fine before you touched it..........BLAH BLAH BLAH

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic