icon

1994 Lexus ES300 Factory Amp Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sirairun 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2005 at 4:06 PM / IP Logged  
I need to find out what the color codes are on the factory amp which is under the seat. i need to bypass it but there is no harness for it. please let me know
aaron
esmith69 
Gold - Posts: 1,511
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2005 at 6:18 PM / IP Logged  

I do not have that info and bet it will be difficult for you to find it anywhere.  I'd recommend trying a speaker popper (9v battery with wires attached to each terminal).  unplug the harnesses from the amp, and test for voltage using a multimeter. test with the head unit on and with it off, to find the amp turn-on wire, as well as the signal input wires for the amp (they will have varying voltage readings but should all be at least 1v).  The remaining wires are going to be your speaker wires.

With the speaker popper, try pairs of those remaining wires until you hear one of them make a popping noise.  Once you find a match, then plug it back into the amp, turn the system on, and test for voltage across the pair of wires.  positive voltage means the positive battery terminal of the speaker popper was connected to the positive speaker wire.  negative voltage means the negative battery terminal of the speaker popper was connected to the positive speaker wire.

Just continue until you find the remaining speaker wire pairs.

Ethan
-----
"Patience, persistence, and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success"
Donate to the12volt.com
sirairun 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2005 at 9:47 PM / IP Logged  
i have a actual digital copy of the factory lexus wiring codes. leave a message w/emai if you want a copy.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic